Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

to post images put the URL of the pic in between "IMG" tags like this.... [img][/img]

If it it wouldn't be such a pain to ship I'd love to have the plastics of that bike

Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: BigMc

Ive got a brand new (NOS) steering stem hanging on the wall in the shop. Its still wraped in the OEM plastic. Never can tell when it will come in handy.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

The frame comes in handy for making things like a-arms. [IMG][/IMG]

Pick the best steering stem too. I don't know if you remember, but a year or so ago we were all looking for an old "repair weld" on our stems because Gforce (I think) pulled his handlebars off while playing in the colorado snow. It turns out that everybody's but Gforce's was welded.</end quote></div></end quote></div>

I tried to buy a new one on ebay once.... Ended up in a big dispute and got my money back after a few months. I didn't even get the empty box most other buyers got. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Mine apparently broke at one point and was welded back together crooked, but the handlebars were bent just right so it made the whole thing appear straight, lol. So, I hacked mine apart and took diligent care to weld it back perfectly straight. While I was at it, I made up some new bushings and installed a grease zerk. Now I need some new handlebars. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: UGLY88

I thought about trying to widen the a-arms. I am not sure how much they are going for on Ebay. </end quote></div>

I don't know... Never seen a set on ebay before.

About $500 will get you this: http://www.amstarmanufacturing...ages/A-102PSP_Kit2.jpg

With those you get adjustable caster and camber! Plus they look cool! After I've made a couple of sets for myself, $500 for what you get is WELL worth it!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Is there a way to swap the shock springs. It sounds dumb but I want to keep the white spring off my bad shock and put it on the good one off the doner bike. </end quote></div>

Yes, you have to find a way to compress the spring without compressing the shock. Then you'll see a clip or something at the top once you clean away the dirt. Take the clip out and the whole thing comes apart. I find its easier to paint the springs this way. Plus you can determine if the shocks actually work.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

speaking of a-arms I noticed today that the front wheels have a quite bit narrower width than the rears. Anyone had luck with wheel spacers up front t even it out? Wouldn't take more than an inch I wouldn't think.</end quote></div>

You'll hate spacers up front. They make bump-steer terrible. Not only is this uncomfortable when riding, but it destroys tierod ends, steering stem bushings, wheelbearings, and balljoints. Plus it makes the shocks softer.

If you want the cheap way out, I'd consider something like this: http://www.diamondjcustoms.com...ing/suzuki/lt-z250.htm

You can easily make a setup like that with some flat steel and a drill.

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Test.

Name:  DSC01616.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  193.6 KB

Shot from front.

Name:  DSC01618.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  137.3 KB

Shot from back.

The rears are whole with a split on the right side that could be repaired if somebody needed a "better than nothign set" the fronts are one piece not two, and I did not get the hood. I could check on shipping if you wanted. Let me know and we can work out a price.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:51 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got a set on mine. Best thing I ever put on. Widens the trac and makes the quad very stable. Like any lever it does make the stock (wuss) springs soft. When I ordered my front shocks, I included the info on the spacers in the order form to Works. They set the shocks up to work with them. No problem. <div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

speaking of a-arms I noticed today that the front wheels have a quite bit narrower width than the rears. Anyone had luck with wheel spacers up front t even it out? Wouldn't take more than an inch I wouldn't think.</end quote></div>

Old 01-06-2009, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Can I get a woot, woot for the works, works???? Tell ya Bigmc, there are a ton of non believers, can't blame them for the $ involved in evolving in sproingers, but once you ride works double or triple rate shocks, you will think twice about engine mods! The first mod is shocks!! I have a bare frame with out a motor that will out corner most everything out there![img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] Tell ya all, they are way worth it!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:35 PM
BigMc

I must say, sometimes I really worry about PG. woot!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2009, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, me to!

Old 01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
BigMc

hey pg.
What kinda plans u got for the "external powered" 230? You got a self powered plan in the works?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.