Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!</end quote></div>

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MalHombre

and now for something completely different,

the Larch.</end quote></div>

LOL Name:  lool.gif
Views: 32
Size:  8.9 KB

Name:  xyxthumbs.gif
Views: 48
Size:  139 Bytes

Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

And about Cali being broke.... I heard a bunch of pot-growers got together and offered the state 2 billion in sales taxes in an effort to help out. The state rejected the offer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2009, 08:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!</end quote></div>

haha what was that??</end quote></div>

That was Monty Python "Search for the Holy Grail". I think it was a Frenchman that said that to King Arthur.

I like this one: "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Xd_zkMEgkI

Old 02-05-2009, 08:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 86LT230S

Sorry people! I never posted what happened, because I haven't done it yet. I still need to try and adjust that top piece you were mentioning Randy. How long do you think it would take (loose approximation)?</end quote></div>

Which top piece? I get a little dense sometimes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I have been OVERWHELMED with SH#*! Gotta stay focused on the goal of finishing college in September. I keep sidetracking myself with stuff. I also have a passion for 61-67 Ford Econolines (flat nosed Vans and pickups with the engine between the front seats), they just look so DAMN COOL!</end quote></div>

I've always wanted to make a 4x4 dually van for off-roading and camping. Throw a dana 60 up front and try to squeeze in a transfer case.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> I have 3 of them right now, a 64 ex-military(me to!) pickup, a panel van, and a window deluxe model, yes they all run and drive. Anyways, I am going to be selling the panel van in the next month, just finishing up a 3 year resto on that. Back to the quad, I want to try that idea you had Randy, and MAY have the time today or tomorrow. After class today at 11:15 I have 2 vehicles to fix ( kinda what I do for cash while I am in school full-time, I also get the M.G.I bill for serving in the Army, so keeps the bills paid!) First one is a 99 Olds Bravada 4x4, it needs passenger front hub assembly changed, pads & rotors front, serpintine belt and tensioner pulley, drivers door panel fixed, and check the sun-roof out. Then I have a 2000 mustang to change rear pads and rotors, tune up, and muffler on, so probably tomorrow on the quad. Last question is this, the local dealer wants $186 for a Brand New Suzuki Carb. is it worth it? AND is it something I would just "Bolt on" and not have to tune at all? Well, hope everyone is gonna have a KILLER weekend, get out there and RIDE if you can!!! </end quote></div>

Sounds like you have a LOT to do! I know how you feel.... I have to-do lists all over the house and garage!

If you get a stock carb from the dealer, it should run without adjustment on a stock quad. Whether you should do that or not depends on what you're goal is. You could also buy a bigger 28mm aftermarket carb and then have to buy a bunch of jets, but still come out cheaper (except for your time and hassle). Or you could buy a stock carb from ebay and buy a rebuild kit for $20.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The dealer carb should come with all this stuff in it: http://www.alpha-sports.com/satv/1986/LT230S/05.htm

Old 02-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

And about Cali being broke.... I heard a bunch of pot-growers got together and offered the state 2 billion in sales taxes in an effort to help out. The state rejected the offer. [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Make it legal, tax it like tobacco, booze, gas and everything else with a sales tax, and the money would flow like water! But as usual, the politicos would say it isn't enough, after they spent it on something frivolous!

Old 02-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MalHombre

and now for something completely different,

the Larch.</end quote></div>

Randal, I think MalHombre is probably about our age![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
That is of course a good thing![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PG yer close but you can prolly add a decade or so....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

hey LT i got a stock carb w a fresh rebuild kit. i replaced the main & pilot jet w a 130 main and i think think p jet is a 22.5. i can't find the original ones but any cycle shop would have them

Old 02-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

And about Cali being broke.... I heard a bunch of pot-growers got together and offered the state 2 billion in sales taxes in an effort to help out. The state rejected the offer. [IMG][/IMG]</end quote></div>

Make it legal, tax it like tobacco, booze, gas and everything else with a sales tax, and the money would flow like water! But as usual, the politicos would say it isn't enough, after they spent it on something frivolous!</end quote></div>

CNBC (you know, the stock market channel) had a show called marijuana inc. Biggest show they've ever done. Anyway, they spend pretty much the whole show in cali. So, not only does Cali not want the money from the pot business, but they pay special forces of cops to fly around in helicopters to destroy it! They can't afford to give you your tax refund money, but they have plenty to hunt down weeds!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/28281668/

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=995204507&play=1

Old 02-06-2009, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

Man, there haven't been any 250S arms on ebay. A lot of 250R arms but nothing else. Maybe if that guy with the over priced ones will come down before they expire.

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.