Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Is the VIN in the same spot on all years? On mine its right in front of the engine on the lower left frame tube.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Pro Rider

Hey guys, take a look at the side pic of that wheeler I'm looking at. What position is that for the fuel ****? I'm down at school so I can't go look on mine. How cool would it be if he just had the fuel shut off! lol

Only in my dreams, I'm sure.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>
Hey guys, take a look at the side pic of that wheeler I'm looking at. What position is that for the fuel ****? I'm down at school so I can't go look on mine. How cool would it be if he just had the fuel shut off! lol

Only in my dreams, I'm sure.</end quote></div>

on mine in the middle(like the one in the pic) it is off.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:00 PM
Range Rover

well i got mine operational on Saturday.i still need to find bolts for the plastic and for the front brake lever.
ive been riding it around the neighborhood every day since. today the chain popped off when i was trying to climb a snow pile.
i got 6 free tires i got from a Polaris dealership. four fronts and 2 rear.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lOOtin LeNNy

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>

on mine in the middle(like the one in the pic) it is off.</end quote></div>

Wouldn't that be sweet if that was all that was wrong and the guy couldn't figure it out?? lol

Old 02-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lOOtin LeNNy

well i got mine operational on Saturday.i still need to find bolts for the plastic and for the front brake lever.

ive been riding it around the neighborhood every day since. today the chain popped off when i was trying to climb a snow pile.

i got 6 free tires i got from a Polaris dealership. four fronts and 2 rear.</end quote></div>

Nice! You'll have to post up some pics for the album once you get it all together!

If I remember right, I think the lever clamps use a fine threaded M6 bolt.

That's sweet with the tires, were they all used or new ones?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Wow.

Most Republicans voted no, unhappy not only at the pricetag, but also that they weren't more involved in putting the package together.

Obama said the federal government was the only power that could save the nation at a time of crisis, with huge spending outlays and tax cuts that he contended could save or create up to 4 million jobs.

"At this particular moment, with the private sector so weakened by this recession, the federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back to life," Obama said

Am I the only one to find this wrong on so many levels?</end quote></div>

I think we should invest in a truckload of duct-tape! [img]i/expressions/devil.gif[/img] Shutting those f*ckers up would do wonders for the economy!

Old 02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: PoolGod230

Well, it looks like I may have the craigslist dude with the cherry 230 falling for the "I am the biggest 230s fan in the world" "1500 is just to much to keep em alive" we will see!!!

In the mean time, I think I have fallen head over heals for the new Z400!!!

Looks like it has everything I like from the 450R, EFI, long travel, killer shocks, cool plastic, with a lil less, oh ****, your almost 40yrs old, this thang has too much git and ****!!![img][/img]

http://atvondemand.com/index.p...rview&vid_id=100156%20</end quote></div>

Looks cool! But then again, I didn't see them doing anything in the video that my 250 won't do. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

You like the 400 more than the zilla?

Old 02-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

Is the VIN in the same spot on all years? On mine its right in front of the engine on the lower left frame tube.</end quote></div>

Should be.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

I doubt that, LOL.

Funny thing happened this weekend... Well, funny if you understand what a float needle and seat are in a carb. My friend's son was riding his 230 around when it suddenly stalled and wouldn't fire back up. Had plenty of gas and 2 guys wore themselves out trying to start it. So, we hooked it up to another quad and pulled it around. Nope. Tried new sparkplugs. Nope. Finally decided it must be a plugged jet or something. So, I took the carb off and when I got the bowl off I noticed the floats would not move. WTF! Never seen anything like it.... The float needle just spontaneously stuck in the seat!!! I had to use pliers to pull it out! How does something that is working freely letting in gas one second totally freeze solid the next? That's one for the books!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.