Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: lOOtin LeNNy

mine wasnt as in as bad shape as yours randy but it was close...thats why i dont think mine was stolen either but you never know. i figure if it is stolen then nobody will ever know i have it</end quote></div>

Yeah, I think I replaced all the original parts anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My buddy had his bike stolen once. The years went by and he forgot all about it. One day, like 5 yrs later, the cops called and said they found his bike! What are the odds?

My 750 honda was stolen. The guy wrote a bill of sale, forged my siggy, and pawned it for $100. He was found later, drunk, yelling at his ex from the parking lot with the pawn ticket in his pocket!

PG should tell ya his stories (if you haven't read them yet)...

Old 02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

is it common for a carb to just start leaking gas when it sits over night? the couple of weeks before it didnt leak any but lastnight it starting leaking.</end quote></div>

Yeah, its common for carbs. That's why its a rule to always turn the gas off when you're done riding. Make it a habit! Sometimes you can tap the carb with the handle of a hammer and dislodge the dirt that's keeping the float-needle from seating in the seat. Other times you have to take it apart and clean the goo out.... Or buy a new needle n seat.

If the needle leaks really bad, the gas can run down the intake and get into the crankcase with the oil. Not good.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

So guys, if I buy this wheeler and get it running and want to license it, what will I have to do? The guy doesn't have the title but he said he'd give me a bill of sale.

If I go to register it, and its hot, do they seize the vehicle, no questions asked? If its not hot, do I have to get it titled? How much would that cost roughly?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

what are the benefits of registering it? in Ohio there's really not to much benefit to out weight the costs of doing it. thats another reason im not to worried if my is hot. i dont have any plans to register it.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You can't license them in GA, so I have no idea. I assume you apply for a title at the dmv.

If its hot, the cops take it and could possibly charge you with receiving stolen property.

I bought n sold a few quads in a past couple years and nobody even gave the title a thought. Of course it is a smaller town I live by and most people just take each other at their word.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Range Rover

in ohio you cant use a bill of sale to get a title. you have to have the title to get a title

Old 02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

what are the benefits of registering it? in Ohio there's really not to much benefit to out weight the costs of doing it. thats another reason im not to worried if my is hot. i dont have any plans to register it.</end quote></div>

MN is goofy like that. I thought about moving there one time and I downloaded the atv rules n regulations. It was a book! One thing that stuck in my mind was not being able to ride in a marsh or wetland even if its on your own land! I think you have to have a registration sticker too. Not sure.

In GA they basically have two rules... Have brakes and have an exhaust. Of course the dui law applies to lawnmowers or anything that moves on its own power. Bicycles might even be included. Silly.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
Elite Pro Rider

in ohio you cant use a bill of sale to get a title. you have to have the title to get a title</end quote></div>

I lived in OH for 15yrs and had to get replacement titles for cars many times. It sucked. Had to drive all the way to Bowling Green with the owner of the vehicle so he could get a new title. Then had to go to a notary so he could sign it. Then over to the dmv to switch titles.

I think GA is the same way, only it gets more complicated because the insurance is tied in with the title. You can't cancel insurance on any registered vehicle without first suspending the registration. If you do, they will suspend your driver's license. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] So, that makes switching titles an exercise in patience.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, MN LOVES their wetlands! And yeah, our registration manual is over 100 pages long. The DNR hunts ATVs. I've been pulled over 3 times on the trail. Once, we got warning tickets because the tabs on my plate washed off and my cousin's taillight was broken.

If our ATVs aren't registered, they aren't legal on trails. You're ticketed if they catch you.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: atvman29

Oh yeah, MN LOVES their wetlands! And yeah, our registration manual is over 100 pages long. The DNR hunts ATVs. I've been pulled over 3 times on the trail. Once, we got warning tickets because the tabs on my plate washed off and my cousin's taillight was broken.

If our ATVs aren't registered, they aren't legal on trails. You're ticketed if they catch you.</end quote></div>

How about on your own land?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.