Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
The power these little 230cc motors put out is stunning. I always used to think my Ozark and the Outlander 400 were pretty quick, but dang. Not even close.
A long time ago, before I got the 230, we up in the mountains sitting at the parking lot ready to load up after riding while these guys were dragging up this hill nearby. One quad was particularly loud and fast, but the other quad seemed to do pretty well itself.... Enough that I asked about it. Turns out the fast one was a honda 400 and the one that would sorta keep up was a 230! The thing looked like a hunk of junk, but pulled that redneck up the hill darn close to as fast as the 400!

I don't know... I have my 230/250 and my friends warrior with an FMF pipe, KN filter, and bigass carb and I don't think the warrior could pull away from me until I hit 4th or 5th gear. One of these days we'll find out, but I've beat on both of them... The 350 is brutally powerful, but its so doggone heavy and narrow... It would be close.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Kind of a cool bumper on this 250R:

Suzuki Quad 250R FAST,FAST,FAST!

I'm thinking of just taking the $1100 for mine. Its not a bad deal and the actual trade value will be $1173 with the tax stuff. So that's not bad at all. I was planning on accepting a deal for $1200 anyways.
Those 250R's were fast, fast, fast! 72mph topspeed stock! 6 speed tranny pushed it on up there. Plus the full-floater shock setup in the back and weight barley over 300lbs. A lot can be said of them.

Might as well take the money n run. Use it to buy the quadracer.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by JustRandy
A long time ago, before I got the 230, we up in the mountains sitting at the parking lot ready to load up after riding while these guys were dragging up this hill nearby. One quad was particularly loud and fast, but the other quad seemed to do pretty well itself.... Enough that I asked about it. Turns out the fast one was a honda 400 and the one that would sorta keep up was a 230! The thing looked like a hunk of junk, but pulled that redneck up the hill darn close to as fast as the 400!

I don't know... I have my 230/250 and my friends warrior with an FMF pipe, KN filter, and bigass carb and I don't think the warrior could pull away from me until I hit 4th or 5th gear. One of these days we'll find out, but I've beat on both of them... The 350 is brutally powerful, but its so doggone heavy and narrow... It would be close.
I'd be curious to run them side by side, but I don't think I'll have the opportunity. When I would run with my buddies Z-400, he could out pace me just a bit, but it was his first time riding that wheeler. So who knows if he really had the hammer down. I think he was going pretty hard though.

The 2006 models had some engine mods done though to make a little more power. I'll have to look into what the changes were exactly though.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Those 250R's were fast, fast, fast! 72mph topspeed stock! 6 speed tranny pushed it on up there. Plus the full-floater shock setup in the back and weight barley over 300lbs. A lot can be said of them.

Might as well take the money n run. Use it to buy the quadracer.
lol, I'm not into two strokes. Just not my deal. And I really only need one wheeler. Remember back a few months ago when I was looking for a POS three wheeler or something? I look back on that now and I think, what the hell was I thinking. Why/when would I ever ride it?? If I went on a trip and I had to choose between an old, beat three wheeler, and my 230, you know which I'd choose! I'd never ride the trike. Even if I had both ATVs up somewhere, I'd never choose the trike over the 230 for any of the trips. The most I'd do is cruise it down the road and back or something. Just one of those deals that you're glad didn't go through looking back on it.

Sorry, that seemed kinda long winded as I was typing it.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

What wheelers do you all have Randy? You got your 86 230, Bayou, and wasn't there one other one?

Oh, and to add to my last post, the only way I'd have two ATVs is if I had one ute and one sport.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:24 AM
Elite Pro Rider

What wheelers do you all have Randy? You got your 86 230, Bayou, and wasn't there one other one?

Oh, and to add to my last post, the only way I'd have two ATVs is if I had one ute and one sport.
There's 5 or 6 scattered around here. Lets see... The 230, bayou, warrior, 250ex, 300 lakota, a burned up old LT4WD, and a little bitty kids china quad. Not all of them are mine, but they're here and I'm about the only one that ever rides them, and I fix them all, and store them, so I don't know what the difference would be, lol.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If I had a 3-wheeler, I think I would ride it all the time. But I ride everyday... I ride out to get the mail! It would be nice to have something different to ride and something to knock the rut down in the center of my trails.

Old 06-14-2009, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

There's 5 or 6 scattered around here. Lets see... The 230, bayou, warrior, 250ex, 300 lakota, a burned up old LT4WD, and a little bitty kids china quad. Not all of them are mine, but they're here and I'm about the only one that ever rides them, and I fix them all, and store them, so I don't know what the difference would be, lol.
Hear yah there! Seems like everyone has tried the China ATv once! I got a 200 dollar minibike off ebay. It was fun, but it only ran like three times. My cousin and dad crashed it, cracked the fenders, and I sold it on Craigs for $150!

Old 06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

These are the rear tires on the DVX. Pretty beasty. Now I just need the matching front one.

ITP TIRES - The World's #1 ATV Aftermarket Tire & Wheel Source :: Holeshot H-D

Old 06-14-2009, 01:37 AM
Elite Pro Rider

These are the rear tires on the DVX. Pretty beasty. Now I just need the matching front one.

ITP TIRES - The World's #1 ATV Aftermarket Tire & Wheel Source :: Holeshot H-D
Those tires will put you where you wanna go!

I was thinking those front tires you have now look stock and a bit sucky. I know the warrior has big problems with blasting into trees because the front end lifts too easy. Need good fronts!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.