Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atvman29
You have finals this week too?
Yea fortunately or unfortunately i haven't decided I have an engineering mechanics final tomorrow then i'm done

Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Nice, I had my Mechanics final on Tuesday, it was tough. I've got Calc 2 tomorrow, then I'm done.

Where do you go to school?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm in the construction engineering program at Iowa State. Calc 2 was a little rough luckly diff equations was easier i thought, mechanics on the other hand is kicking my *** even though I'm really interested in the material

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Mr. Jack
I'm in the construction engineering program at Iowa State. Calc 2 was a little rough luckly diff equations was easier i thought, mechanics on the other hand is kicking my *** even though I'm really interested in the material
Yeah, I had a horrid professor for Mechanics, which really sucked because its cool stuff! I had a good teacher for Statics though and did really well. But with the bad teacher in Mechanics, I got killed.

I'm not too far from you then, I'm up at Winona State in MN. I'm HOPEFULY going to get into the U of M this fall though. WSU's engineering department sucks. They're only composite materials engineering, and all except 2 professors are terrible.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yea my mechanics professors is pretty bad he kind of has this whole ego trip goin on probably because he wrote the text book needless to say i'll probably be taking it again. Is composite materials like a cross between ChemE and MatE?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Yea my mechanics professors is pretty bad he kind of has this whole ego trip goin on probably because he wrote the text book needless to say i'll probably be taking it again. Is composite materials like a cross between ChemE and MatE?
Yeah, pretty much. And I'm terrible at chem.

My professor pretty much couldn't speak English, which makes it tough.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider
Wink

I've been following this forum for awhile but just now joined. The situation i have is i'm leaking oil from the top end, i'm assuming the cylinder is ovaled out so i'm gonna get it bored for $60 and get a new wiseco piston from vinces cycles. I'm also want some recommendations for some performance upgrades right now its all stock. I'm also on a budget as a poor college student
I agree with atvman, boingers should be your first upgrade.
I am a fan of Works shocks, you can find deals on ebay, cause they are very spendy!!
Even if you by some that are torched, the are rebuildable (for pretty cheap) at most dealers.
Just keep your mods simple, K&N, or whatever high flow filter you prefer, pipe and proper jetting, bore job, maybe sprocket changes and call it good!!!
These little engines got a lot of go in them! You don't really need to get into the cams, big bores and such to make her go quicker!! Trust me been there done it, over and over!
Oh, and welcome to the addiction!

Old 05-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

Atvman, I am loving the webpage! Those old magazine covers take me back! As soon as I saw them, the memories flooded back!! Yeah, I am old enough to remember getting them new in the mail! I emailed a link to BigMc at home, hoping he would take a peak at what he started!

Number 1 in the common problems pages should be CCOS, chain came off syndrome! should be in the first 10 pages on this forum, if you want to link it.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by PoolGod230
Atvman, I am loving the webpage! Those old magazine covers take me back! As soon as I saw them, the memories flooded back!! Yeah, I am old enough to remember getting them new in the mail! I emailed a link to BigMc at home, hoping he would take a peak at what he started!

Number 1 in the common problems pages should be CCOS, chain came off syndrome! should be in the first 10 pages on this forum, if you want to link it.
Thanks bud! I'll get back crackin' at it good once finals are done. If you want to write about any of your projects feel free! I'll put them in!

I just set up Google Analytics for the site so I can see how many visitors its getting. That should be pretty cool!

Old 05-06-2009, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by atvman29
Its kind of strange that everyone's had broke at a non-riding time!

Edit: That I've heard of.
yeah cuz the ones who did have it go during riding arent around anymore to tell you about it hahaha!

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.