Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 09:06 PM
BigMc
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Let me see if I can find it. But if you like.....Look for an adapter plate for a 85 or 86 atc 250R The plate is required for the 87 and up crank/rod, which is 4mm longer.
I know, I know, Mr. "Its a Yamaha? "
Its for a Honda. But it is 4mm thick.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

That's an idea.... Where does one find such a thing?</end quote></div>

Old 04-30-2008, 10:14 PM
BigMc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...rdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

30 bucks. It can be yours...

Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
BigMc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

OR
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...QrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Old 04-30-2008, 10:34 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BigMc, do you think it would fit? Will the holes line up?

Old 04-30-2008, 10:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bruincat

bad news for me......i took the left cover off the engine last night. not only had the chain cracked the cover (welded by a pro), but it had cracked the case too. was not informed of the crack in the case when i bought it (not visible until the cover comes off). it seems to be somewhat repaired. could (should have) have been repaired alot better than it is. i tried to seal it as best i could to see if its even gonna hold oil. if not i might torch the damn thing ala P.G. i wish i had taken a pic.</end quote></div>

Grind out the crack on both sides of the metal using a dremel or something to make a small ditch down the crack. Drill a small hole at the end of the crack to keep it from propagating any further. Then fill the ditch and surounding area with a good epoxy on both sides. Make sure you roughen up all areas you intend to cover with the epoxy. It will hold unless your chain comes off again. Even if the chain hits the outside again, the inside patch may still hold. Use brake cleaner spray to clean all oil off before using the glue. Besides finding a good aluminum welder, that's what I would do.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: quadsport230

when i bought my 230 JB had done sugery on it, but then i put the chain through the case and engine and had it professioanlly welded....anyway

i got around to tinkering on the 230 to make it start better. the pilot adjustment help slightly. i attempeted to adjust the valves and the book said to stick the feeler between the cam and rocker arm, but i cant get any free play in my rockers.

also how soon should i change the oil after the break in shes got like 3 hours of riding, most of it was hard WOT riding</end quote></div>

You don't stick the feeler between the cam and the rocker. You put it between the rocker and the valve stem. .001-.003 for intake. .003-.005 for exhaust. Piston must be at TDC first.

If you can't get any free play in the rockers, that means your valves are never closing and its no wonder you have trouble getting it started. Actually, I would err on the loose side and like to hear just a faint bit of valve noise. Too quiet is bad. You'll burn an exhaust valve and and will have a tough time starting because of the intake valve (plus not have as much power). You could even go looser to get more lowend grunt (same thing as a small duration cam), but the valve stems may mushroom over time. That's a trick I use on my bayou.

You have one of those pen magnets??? Stick it down the oil fill tube and see you bring up and metal. If so, change it. Seems like 3 hrs of hard riding is enough to produce lots of metal to me though. I'd change it anyway.

Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 PM
BigMc

Not as is no. But it is 4mm thick.
Oh MOMA, dont let you babies grow up to be fabricators.........<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

BigMc, do you think it would fit? Will the holes line up?</end quote></div>

Old 04-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You missed a rare opportunity to use the music note. [img]i/expressions/musicnote.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2008, 11:25 PM
BigMc

Nope. It needs to be music to use that thing. You have never herd me sing. Thanks, all the same.<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: JustRandy

You missed a rare opportunity to use the music note. [img][/img] [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Old 04-30-2008, 11:27 PM
BigMc

JR. have you looked at my forum page here latley?

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.