Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MalHombre
sweet! how's the frame painting working out?
not good on the frame painting. my paint guy decided right before i was ready to order my paint to have a major diagreement with his boss. which in turn got him suspended or possibly fired. Bye bye paint discount, looks like i will be paying retail for the paint. Which is way more money than i have at the moment. its a special custom blend that takes hours to get right and my paint guy has the mixture ratios with him. I think a whole gallon of that paint was somewhere in between $300-$475. so the frame is definatly on hold, but the build must go on. i think my 230 will look great even without the frame getting done.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey gents, lots of new stuff on the Vault (compared to lately) if you want to take a peek. Laid the foundation for Trailrider230s's restoration section, new gallery with Jory's ATV (sorry it took so long to put it up), and another short how-to article showing the gash I had in my 230's pipe.

Trailrider, I sent you an email as well.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

just wanted to drop in for a sec, Got your email Avtman. sent a ton of pics. will get back with ya tomorrow. i checked out the Vault too, holy crap its gonna be sweet. I cant wait to send my friends the link to see it when its finished. later everyone, got me 28 butt crackins comin to me in the morning, dang birthday snuck up on me. i think its time to fire up the 230 and go hide. LOL

Old 03-13-2010, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

hey atvman im really liking the restoration section on the site! hopefully i'll have some contributions for that after this race season!

and i'll definitely get some pics for your gallery!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Trailrider230s
not good on the frame painting. my paint guy decided right before i was ready to order my paint to have a major diagreement with his boss. which in turn got him suspended or possibly fired. Bye bye paint discount, looks like i will be paying retail for the paint. Which is way more money than i have at the moment. its a special custom blend that takes hours to get right and my paint guy has the mixture ratios with him. I think a whole gallon of that paint was somewhere in between $300-$475. so the frame is definatly on hold, but the build must go on. i think my 230 will look great even without the frame getting done.
temporarily, you could always so a good rustoleum job. if you really take your time cleaning everything up, and using the proper primers and clear coats, it could turn out pretty decent.

also, have you ever thought about powdercoating? there's alot of places by me that said they could do my frame dirt cheap (under $200), and its much more durable than regular paint...

Old 03-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by lt230sman
hey atvman im really liking the restoration section on the site! hopefully i'll have some contributions for that after this race season!

and i'll definitely get some pics for your gallery!
Thanks man, and please do send me some stuff!

Old 03-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider

Actully lt230sman it is not that easy. i tried to color match my neon green and it dries to dark even with my specialty primer. it does glow as good as my paint guys mix, it practically glows in the dark. and powder coating is out of the question due to there is nowhere close to me the can match my paint color. but i did hear from my paint guy today and hes gonna get my other half gallon when he gets his paycheck. the frame paint wont happen for a while, til my sandblaster get some free time.

Old 03-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

yeah thats what i wasnt quite sure about but i forgot to ask (if you have a fancy special color). sounds to me like it will be worth the wait then!

Old 03-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

Well its not that fancy really. House of color makes all the colors that go into the blend that color of green. I think for now my 230 will look 100% different and better than it does now, even if i leave the frame black. i noticed that the frame is going to be a pain to sand so i will probly get it sand blasted when money and time allows. right now i am still waiting for my matching seat cover and shock covers and new hood. I just got my chain tensioner from JL ATV today. so good so far. hopefully the rest will be here Monday or Tuesday latest.

Old 03-14-2010, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

i'd definitely sandblast it! i tried to do my 250r frame by hand and after a few hours i just said forget it. also, think you could post some pics of that tensioner? i've always wondered about them...

Quick Reply: 85 to 88 Suzuki LT230S Quadsport help.