Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Newbie here\first post and My '04 LTZ250

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here\first post and My '04 LTZ250

Hello to all.. This is my first post. I just bought a nice clean used '04 LTZ250 tonight. check my profile for what the ad said about it.

I've had 2 other quads before.. so I'm familiar with how they repsond in most conditions. My first one was a Yamaha YFM350 ERT. 350cc 4 stroke,2wd, racks F&R, shaft drive, high-low & reverse, "E" start.. basically a work machine. Great machine. It probably thought it was 4 wheel drive, the places it took me. My last one was a Yamaha Blaster. 2 smoke, 200cc, 5 speed with a clutch. Fun little machine too. In fact I bought it on a Thursday and Saturday I took it down to Marysville at the :shad pad" and saw another one.. so I chased it down.. and ended up marrying the gal that was riding it. Then I had to load 2 blasters sideways on a Mitsuishi pick up. Now that was a picture. OH.. and I remember when I got an '81 CB650 and bought a little 4' by 4' flatbed trailer I put the blaster on and towed it to Marysville several times with a CB650. Now that got a lot of people looking..! What a blast it was.

But now I'm not so young and am still recovering from being hit by a car.. I still can't wait to ride it. So.. with all that said.. I know I want a pipe for it.. but nothing too loud, just something that sounds good and makes a little more power. Am also gonna stick a K&N or UNI filter in it.

Bruce..
PS. Anyone here in Sacramento..?

Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey, welcome to the site. im new on here too..my bro has a CHM R4-P slip on his ltz250 ..its sounds great..brings out some good power, and budget friendly too..there might be one on eBay or ill get the website for you

Old 03-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Welcome to the site and congrats on the z250. They are great fun quads. When you pipe it and filter it don't forget to jet it or it's money wasted.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

howdy ......

Old 03-07-2007, 12:02 AM
Range Rover

Welcome; we have three Z-250's in our group. They all have Alba pipes and I do not recommend them (2 of the 3 have fallen apart in the first year). Keep looking for alternative sources...

Old 03-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 400exrider13
hey, welcome to the site. im new on here too..my bro has a CHM R4-P slip on his ltz250 ..its sounds great..brings out some good power, and budget friendly too..there might be one on eBay or ill get the website for you
Thanx.. newbie.. lol.. When I was climbing out of my Tacoma today w\quad in the back at 4 wheel parts warehouse. A guy who had also just pulled up & parked, approached me and said he ha the same type of quad at home too. He mentioned that he also had the CHM pipe and that it made some power and sounded good. He also said to go see a certain sales guy at a local Honda cycle dealer and get a better deal.

So I'll check into it soon and have them install and jet it too.

As far as the K&N.. do I need just the filter or should I remove the entire airbox or possibly drill some big holes in it, with a K&N..?

Thanx to all the other "howdy's and welcomes"..

Bruce

Old 03-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Range Rover

Unfortunately it's the nature of the Z-250.. It wasn't built to be a real strong performer out there. Just a good realiable fun intermediate bike. With the pipe, jets and filter you would be doing great to add 2 hp. Don't spend to much money trying to make it something it wasn't ment to be.....But you do have a truley fun and reliable bike that will do almost anything, just not that fast......

Old 03-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

welcome to the forums

Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Range Rover

TO ME, THE Z250 AND THE 250 EX FEEL CLOSE TO THE SAME SO I CAN HELP A LIL BIT, I WOULD RECOMEND A HMF, MY FREINDS GOT ONE ON HIS EX AND IT WILL DAMN NEAR FLY. ITS A GOOD BRAND AND IT LOOKED DURABLE.

SORRY, NOT SACRAMENTO, I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: 1128633636
Unfortunately it's the nature of the Z-250.. It wasn't built to be a real strong performer out there. Just a good realiable fun intermediate bike. With the pipe, jets and filter you would be doing great to add 2 hp. Don't spend to much money trying to make it something it wasn't ment to be.....But you do have a truley fun and reliable bike that will do almost anything, just not that fast......
Thanx.. This sounds like the perfect quad for me. Auto clutch, very maint free, electric start and pretty sporty. Don't need or want fast. I would like to ride it though.. It's been in the back of my truck for 3 days now.

I'm like them kids on the honda commercial.. I wanna ride, I wanna ride, I wanna ride..! I need help getting it out of the truck. Seeing as how my girlfriend works fulltime.. and she's the one I want to ride with.. I'll have to wait until the weekend to do so.

Quick Reply: Newbie here\first post and My '04 LTZ250