Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Soon to be used LT80 owner! Have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I need to clean the carb again also... I never got the jet out that the needle sits in, the one that has the retainer screw.... it wouldn't budge and I didn't want to scratch it...any ideas?

Old 04-19-2010, 06:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

As long as you can blow thru the fuel supply, it'll be good enough.
You tried starting it with a air filter like that? Don't need a new one, you need to clean that one.
That hose simply goes to the brass barb in the pic.

Old 04-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by LT80
As long as you can blow thru the fuel supply, it'll be good enough.
You tried starting it with a air filter like that? Don't need a new one, you need to clean that one.
That hose simply goes to the brass barb in the pic.

Thanks LT.

The hose is broke off so I didn't know if I need to get a new one or not because it won't reach the brass barb.

One more thing.. should I clean the area around with cylinder?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

OOPS..LOL I forgot about the crud..
Yes, I'd clean it. It may have a bad base gasket.
You can loosen the hose and pull it so it reaches. It's the vent for the gearbox.

Old 04-19-2010, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer

You can loosen the hose and pull it so it reaches. It's the vent for the gearbox.
Thanks once again for your replies... how much do I owe you?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Trailblazer

Okay so I think I have found the gasket you are talking about... I guess this is the reason it is so dirty or is it the fact the air filter was growing weeds... or both perhaps.

Top highlight is the gasket. The second is the opening for the fan.

This next picture is the the top of the fan and I guess the beginning of the crank shaft? Is that sealed off between the seal, bearing and the rest of the crank shaft? My concern is dirt in the crank shaft and cleaning the area with some type of solvent and it dripping down. Would that be a bad thing?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:42 PM
Trailblazer

I find it strange that while I don't like the fact that my son doesn't have a working quad I am actually enjoying learning and working on this equipment and it's all because of the people on this forum.

I am going to have to take you our for a beer LT

Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by burgezz
I find it strange that while I don't like the fact that my son doesn't have a working quad I am actually enjoying learning and working on this equipment and it's all because of the people on this forum.

I am going to have to take you our for a beer LT

Old 04-19-2010, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by PBLsQuad450
Worst comes to worst, do what you can or take it to a shop. Either way it will be better than a cheap Chinese Quad by a lot! (am I allowed to say those sorts of things?). Start with your back yard and real slow speeds etc.. The more he knows the setting and the like the better. Have his Mom show some support too. Maybe I'm lucky, my wife is one of the few people who don't think I'm crazy letting my daughter drive my car around the property at 11 (I starated teaching her at 9). This IS with close supervision, I am right there etc.. Maybe you were a little screwed, no worries, the idea is so right. Lucky boy to have this Dad!!
I don't think you are crazy if she is being closely supervised. Believe it or not I did the same thing when I was growing up... I actually grew up on a farm and somehow managed to not learn anything at all about motors or farming. I have however been the pilot of a few hay trucks!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

hope everything works out for you on your LT I work part time at a atv shop and we see a lot of quads come in that the owner didn't know they needed to clean the air filter or change the oil. we also see a lot of off brand atvs come in for repair and very few name brand atvs for repairs so even with the problems you have had with the LT you are better off with it but thats my 2 cents

Quick Reply: Soon to be used LT80 owner! Have a few questions