Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Sportsman 400 vs. Kodiak vs. Eiger

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2004, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 400 vs. Kodiak vs. Eiger

Originally posted by: eiger2
I understand your dealer comment but my dealer carries everythin but Yamaha (thats in a small town a lil closer to me). He showed me the Cats, the Bombardiers, Suzuki, Honda, and Kawi. I was there to buy an Eiger. I'd already made up my mind. Actually he was trying his damnest to get me on an Outlander. When I went back to check out the Cat 650 (with IRS) he and a couple other customers said that the IRS wouldn't slide as well in the turns and that donuts could actually evict you from the quad. He knows my style of riding and I've been dealing with him for 31 years.

When I rode a Honda trx200 I thought that was the only thing you needed, then I got the 250x and thought that was the honey, then I got the lt300, then the Recon and I thought 4wd was unnessasary. Then my friends started gettin 4wd and I found out that it was better. I thought there was no way I would ever get an auto, the auto clutch was bad enough but FULL auto?? Now I love it. Maybe the next step for me is the locker.

To me the locker is like power windows on a truck, you don't REALLY need it but it sure is nice to have.

You are right about the brand loyalty thing. I think they are all pretty much the same these days but the manufacturers have to put different things on there machines to make them seem different. Thats why I always say that you need to go sit on em and ride em to see which features appeal to you and your style.

I like simplicity. I like the mechanically activated 4 to 2wd. I like the simplicity of the SRA.

When I ride I worry about tearing the 2 cv boots that I currently have, 2 more would add to the fire.

Its hard to compare the 660 Grizz to anything else I can afford. Wife, 2 daughters (1 at University of Evansville-now in the UK studiing abroad, 1 expecting my 2nd grandbaby), and a son who has a way of tearing up anything he touches. The Eiger fit my budget and I haven't regretted it one time.

BTW tel griz, you post at 2 in the afternoon and at 3 in the morning, when do you sleep?
Me and you are alike Eiger2! I new what I wanted the moment I walked into the dealership and nothing was going to change my mind! A little research goes a long way eh?

2 in the afternoon I am in between classes, 3 in the morning I am either done studying or taking a break! LOL! I don't get that much sleep these days!!! Congrats on the grandbaby and good luck with your son, before long he will want a quad to tear up!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 400 vs. Kodiak vs. Eiger

My son has already torn up every quad I've had and my Ranger p/u. I've fixed other peoples stuff that he has torn up too. He seems to be a lil better these days. since he became a senior in HS he has matured a bit. His main interest is snow boarding now. I bought him a $250 Suzuki 550L street bike in excellent shape when he turned 16 (okay I really wanted it so I would have someone to ride with) but he never got his temps. Always had something else to do.

I wanted a Rubicon when I startyed looking for an atv but after a lot of research and riding other machines I really liked the Eiger. An article in an atv mag saying it was the funnest machine tested sent me over the edge. Afterall, I wanted FUN. Before the article I was in lust for the P360, The same one my buddy has.

I'm sure I'm a lot like you and prolly a lot like everyone else on an atv. I want as much as I can get for as little as I can give! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I want bang for my buck. If I had bigger bucks I'd have bigger things.

Now lets all go to Windrock and party til the wheels fall off!!!!!!!