Technical and How-To Articles Post your Tech Tips and How-to articles here. Photo illustrations welcome

Help needed with Eton Vector 250

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed with Eton Vector 250

Hi guys, I'm new on here and I'm in need of a little bit of help. I have taken on as a favour to a mate to try and get his eton vector 250 running after 2 others have tried and it has cost him a fortune.
This is the story so far, it was running great and then he loaned it to a family friend who managed to kill it somehow. Ignition barrel went and the key was jammed in it. so a new barrel was sourced and replaced. Then it still wouldn't start so he got someone out to have a look at it. They condemned the cdi box, so he paid to have that replaced, on fitting the new one, it began to smoke and then pop when the ignition was turned on and cranking the engine was attempted. He then got someone else to have a look at it and they didnt have a clue so I have taken on the job.

I have stripped the harness down and checked the wires for any burns/breaks and continuity. all fine.
I have checked the earths and all are good.
I have 12v feed into the cdi box
on cranking I only have 1.78v to the live feed side of the coil. I have also checked the voltage output from the cdi box, this is also 1.78v. there is no spark at all.
i have no voltage feed at all from either of the stator spark generator wires but have not checked resistances on them yet.
Any help would be gratefully appreciated and a wiring diagram would be amazing.
Thanks in advance for your replies
Dave

Old 02-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

email these folks, they may have a diagram. just specify 4 or 5 pin CDI.