Trailers, Toy Haulers, Motorhomes. Discuss Trailering, Toy Haulers, Campers and Motorhomes.

Good or bad toy haulers

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good or bad toy haulers

Over the last several weeks my wife and I have been looking @ several different toy haulers. Weekend Warrior, Jayco Octane, Attitude, Titan, just to name a few. As far as quality goes we noticed that the Jayco and the Attitude had less visible cosmetic problems then anyone and better value. The weekend warrior was very close and obviously is a very large seller but I have heard a lot of bad things about Weekend Warrior and frame issues, Mostly from other dealers, and Weekend Warrior dealer trashed every other brand. Who do I believe? That is why I am here, I suspect that we have narrowed our end down to Attitude then Jayco but not ruling out Weekend warrior yet. What input can anyone give us on any of these haulers as far as problems, quality, reliability and happinesses.

I appreciate any information you can provide
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Thanks

Old 09-10-2007, 09:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Welcome to the forums wardman. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I bought a slightly used (only 6 months) WW 2 years ago. The only issues I've had stem from things the former owner did. But I have heard of some people having problems with them. Other than being the place to crowd into when it's hot or cold (only 21 ft) it's not bad. You'll be surprised how popular you will become with the tent people when it rains hard, or the weather is bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But, I'm sure if you check some of the rv/trailer forums, you'll get that on just about any brand.

I'd take anything any dealer says with a grain of salt. They're job is to sell you their brand, and that isn't always the best.

Check the rv forums, and if you're out riding, and see some haulers, ask the people who own them what they like and don't like.

Good luck in your search.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with scooter, any salesman that bad mouth the compitition. I walk away from, they are not worth the time to talk to them. I have a KZ I have been very happy with, there are a lot fo good trailers out there. Check out rv.net, the toyhauler section. Lots of info in there.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 AM
Trailblazer

Have you looked at the Keystone Raptor? I have a 2006 Raptor (model 3712). We like it because the garage is separate from the living area. Keeps the gas fumes, dirt, mud, and water out of the main part of the trailer. This will be more important than you think once you start using it. It also comes with a pressure washer and 30 gallon fuel station. The 12 gallon hot water heater is also better than the 6-10 gallon water heater that comes in most rigs. Additionally, the 3712 has a walk around breakfast bar that gives you way more counter space than most trailers on the market. Do a google search for the "Keystone Raptor 3712" to check it out. Good luck!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

I had my first Weekend Warrior , a FS3000 bumper pull, for four years and never had a problem with it. I now have my second WW which is a LE3505 5th wheel. In the seven months we have had this trailer it has been in the shop for over three months. Some of our problems might have been our dealer, but the majority were our WW trailer itself. After our first trip I took a list into the dealer with 23 items on it. Some of the problems were the hot water heater not working , one of the floor tie downs pulled out, the gas pump did not work, multiple lights burned out, and the sink trap leaked all under the cabinet. Even with all of the problems that we have had (and are still having) I would reccomend Weekend Warrior. All trailers are going to have some problems, so wardman I suggest that you find a trailer you like from a dealer that you like and pick one you can afford and go riding. Good luck with whatever trailer you decide on.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:50 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TMSJunkie

I had my first Weekend Warrior , a FS3000 bumper pull, for four years and never had a problem with it. I now have my second WW which is a LE3505 5th wheel. In the seven months we have had this trailer it has been in the shop for over three months. Some of our problems might have been our dealer, but the majority were our WW trailer itself. After our first trip I took a list into the dealer with 23 items on it. Some of the problems were the hot water heater not working , one of the floor tie downs pulled out, the gas pump did not work, multiple lights burned out, and the sink trap leaked all under the cabinet. Even with all of the problems that we have had (and are still having) I would recommend Weekend Warrior. All trailers are going to have some problems, so wardman I suggest that you find a trailer you like from a dealer that you like and pick one you can afford and go riding. Good luck with whatever trailer you decide on.</end quote></div>

TMSJunkie,

Based on what you wrote my dealer says you may have been sold a used trailer even though your dealer sold it as new. Almost all trailers coming to Alaska are towed up. That means every trailer has 3500 miles on it when it gets here. Upon arrival, the dealer checks everything out and preps for retail sale. Your trailer is a 2007 which means it actually could have been made in 2006. He told me he has never seen a trailer arrive in Alaska with your type of issues even after 3500 miles. I would do some research on your dealer with the better business folks and see what you come up with. Don't think your dealer has your best interest at heart. I love my dealer and they have bent over backward to take care of me but I would never consider them my friend. Either you got screwed by the dealer who did a poor prep job before sale or the manufacturer let a poorly made unit leave the plant. Either way, I would be upset.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

AKMuddy,

I think you're right as far as a problem with the dealer and problems with the trailer received from Weekend Warrior. That is why I said to wardman to buy the trailer that fits his needs and one that he can afford. Then, if you do have any problems just fix them as they come along. I think my dealer has been going through growing pains and I was just there at the wrong time. In August we spent a week in Colorado and had no new problems with our trailer so it looks like we have turned the corner.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TMSJunkie

AKMuddy,

I think you're right as far as a problem with the dealer and problems with the trailer received from Weekend Warrior. That is why I said to wardman to buy the trailer that fits his needs and one that he can afford. Then, if you do have any problems just fix them as they come along. I think my dealer has been going through growing pains and I was just there at the wrong time. In August we spent a week in Colorado and had no new problems with our trailer so it looks like we have turned the corner.</end quote></div>

Good luck and I hope you don't have any other problems with your rig. We spend too much money on these things to not be able to use and enjoy them the way we want to.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Agreed

Old 09-21-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an Cr3905 WW fifth wheel. While we love our trailer, it has had its fair share of issues. There has been alot of things that have needed to be fixed, or still need to be fixed, that should have never been sent out the door. Not many businesses could stay in business with the poor quality control WW has on some of there trailers.
That being said, every single issue we have had, has been fixed, so far. You have got to love the 2 year warrantee with WW. Also, if you are worried about the frame, they have a lifetime structural warranty. It would be on there dime!
I looked at tons of trailers before we bought ours. I did not like the layouts of many trailers. Some had good construction, with lousy finish. If you are spending some serious coin on these things, look at everything. If it looks cheap, it probably is! Personally, I liked the Raptor and Gearbox as much as I did the WW. But the Raptor only had garage models, and the Gearbox had a really bad rap from there first two years, with Fleetwood sticking it to the customers. So we got the WW. I would say we couldnt be happier, but we could if it would not have come with all the issues. I would still highly recommend them.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: Good or bad toy haulers