Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the confused one made a post[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] and a winded one at that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Of course, wouldn't expect anything less[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

I can't believe you drove through my neighborhood and didn't even send me a PM if you took Hwy 99 you were 3 minutes (if that) from my house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Whitewater

It's about damn time neddy the nerd flanders came back for a visit. I'm going to start calling you the Prodigal Child. And hey, I can't help it if your PSD is a POS.[img][/img] I like towing with mine. I tow at least 12000 lbs without problems...well...alright, I need an auxiliary fuel tank to go 100 miles.[img][/img] Oh well, that's the price I have to pay to drive a "Man Truck". Anywho, welcome back. Now we just need MD, Skinner, Creator, Little Joe, OFC, etc.

Welcome mobiusmic.</end quote></div>

For some reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I am not getting an update that some one has posted in here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] will need to check that out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Quad Patrol

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nedflanders

who says my PSD is a POS? I'm just preparing in advance for all the issues I hear about them. and they do have a bad rep, although I don't think it's deserved in the newer years...maybe some of the '03-04s.

well, the prodigal son is also the poor farmer. I had to sell our JD tractor in order to afford the new trailer. And like I said, that was from a repo auction, so we got it for cheap.

so when you pull some of the steep hills in your area, do you just shift into "tow/haul" and leave it? Do you keep your foot in it, or does it do everything for you? the service manager told me to trust that tow/haul feature and let the tranny do everything, and not to manually downshift.

so when yer 12K going up a 8-10% grade, how fast do you go? what is your engine revving at? BTW, you need to install some gauges.</end quote></div>

I had my 4r100 rebuilt at 138,000 miles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Just turned 180,000 miles on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] With 42,000 miles on the SunCoast transmission, I love it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] my trailer weighs in at 12,300 lbs and with the PSD I am at 20,500 lbs. The Cuesta Grade is I think 7% for about 3 miles. When I tow up it, I am doing 35 mph and pegged at around 2800 rpms (IIRC). I do have a transmission temp gauge on the dash, It has climbed as high as 240 on the grade[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] but that is when it's hot out[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] After the grade, it cools down to around 210 during the summer. Transmission guy said not to worry about it. When I get the trans fluid changed, all looks good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, goodnight PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider

we went through at 2 speeds; fast and faster! On the way down, I think it was around 5-6AM. And we were trying to beat the clock so we could reach Rancho Cucamonga by 7PM. The lady finished work at 6PM, so she was nice enuf to come later to meet us. The way back was close to 5PM through Sacramento. It was rush hour and we wanted to get on through. We basically drove non-stop, mid-week, with a rest area stop somewhere a few hours north of LA. AND... we had to be back before 4:30 PM to clear US Customs. so next time. My friend is trying to talk me into the Rubicon trail this summer.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of speed...your wife was telling me that she calls you the "Minute Man". Mine calls me the "Two Pump Chump". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of speed...your wife was telling me that she calls you the "Minute Man". Mine calls me the "Two Pump Chump". [img][/img]</end quote></div>

Now WHY would I want to be known for a stallion, marathon performance of 1 minute?? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] faster is best. In/out repeat if necessary is 'ol Neddy's mantra.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I've got too many other things to be doing than trying to behave like a newlywed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of speed...your wife was telling me that she calls you the "Minute Man". Mine calls me the "Two Pump Chump". [img][/img]</end quote></div>

and as amazing as we are.... I had always heard that if you finish fast, the swim team gets confused and can't reach the finish line. YA RIGHT! tell that to my 4 off-spring!

Old 02-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

ROTFLMAO! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

She usually just wants me off of her anyways...

Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider

ROTFLMAO! [IMG][/IMG]

She usually just wants me off of her anyways...</end quote></div>

ditto that. we have a fool proof system. I use a special form of foreplay: I elbow her in the middle of the night and say. "Do ya wanna?" [img]i/expressions/rose.gif[/img] Inevitably, she will repsond: "NO!" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] (ME [img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img] ) SO then I hit her with the sure fire line...never fails..., "Well then, would you mind laying there while I do?" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel