Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 11:12 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: zorro700
Originally posted by: Trasher
Zorro-

What's the make , model, and year of the vehicle that you are needing info on? Info on the drivetrain also is needed.

Sorry, that would be helpfull, wouldn't it? 2000 F250 powerstroke, automatic tranny, 373 gearing, hubs have a lock and auto setting.

I had to go back three pages to find your question again! here it is for all:

Maybe somebody can help me out or had this happen to them. A while ago my 4 wheel drive quit working if my hubs are in auto (push button 4x4) it will not go into 4 wheel drive until I get out and put my hubs into the lock position. Any ideas?

Old 12-07-2004, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

It sounds as if one of your automatic locking hubs are not working. All it takes is one broken auto-locking hub to make your 4 wheel drive as completely dysfunctional as a 2 wheel drive. A quick test is to set the parking brake and the transmission in park. Jack-up one of the front wheels and put a screw driver or small bar through the axle joint to prevent axle rotation. Then rotate the wheel. As the wheel is rotated the automatic hub will start to torque-up/engage the axle. When automatic hubs are working correctly you can hear and feel the change occurring while the wheel is being turned. Rotating the wheel in the opposite direction causes the automatic hub to disengage and then start engaging again. Lower that wheel to the ground and perform the same procedure on the other side. Don't forget the screw driver! In the event that both hubs seem to be working there may be a problem with the transfer case. Most often it is one of the automatic locking hubs that's the problem. Automatic hubs can be replaced individually. The hubs have been a big problem on the F250's for year now. Check 'em out and good luck!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

A lot of people for years were fudging the selling price. DMV got tired of it. Cause what they also do is set your VLF based on the last selling price (for at least a couple of years.) So people got a couple years of low registration fees, other than their sales tax being low. DMV wised on when too many Ferraris were selling for a few grand. Now, if they think something is funny it won't be pretty.

Now VLF (what the big fight over last year was about) is based on KBB values. I don't remember what the amount is now. It' USED to be like either 2% or .5%, but it's now about 33% of that. You pay that in leu of paying property taxes on your vehicles. Luckily OHVs don't pay anything but their $25 every 2 years for registration.

EVERYTHING you own pretty much gets taxed. Well, anything big ticket. Not on actual property (though I think businesses have to declare stuff and pay taxes on that.) My boss gets a seperate tax bill from the county for each of his planes. Should be a big year for write-off on those. He spend about $50K on engines for one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-07-2004, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

[i] My boss gets a seperate tax bill from the county for each of his planes. Should be a big year for write-off on those. He spend about $50K on engines for one. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Must be tough deciding on which plane you want to fly today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

What the heck- more power to him! Thank god to be an american and enjoy this freedom of ours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

You should come to Utah where EVERYTHING is taxed. I pay about 2K a year in property tax.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hoss- Sorry buddy but Cali has to be the worst place to live if you hate paying taxes (who doesn't)

In the bay area they want to place a $.17 tax on plastic grocery bags because they are filling the landfills.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

Toyo has been hiding out for quite some time now. So unlike him. Must have found a real, live, Alley cat to shack up with for a couple of days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Maybe I should take up bowling[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer<brheeeee's baaack!! ya you little lightweight, I'm sure i do tip the scale at double. and i fit the bill for fixing stuff and taking nagging. I'm an expert there. just don't get me to do any of the service work, cuz then she'll be nagging you about all the unused parts I discovered for her. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Hey, she's not into that.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I really don't know how the polyg's could handle more than one wife.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Originally posted by: Trasher
Toyo has been hiding out for quite some time now. So unlike him. Must have found a real, live, Alley cat to shack up with for a couple of days Maybe I should take up bowling
Maybe his boss figured out that he didn't do anything besides being a post *****.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2004, 04:22 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Actually my boss is pretty reasonable about deciding which plane he's going to fly. If it's long distance (like when he was flying into Ontario International) he takes the Aerostar 600. It's pretty damn fast at about 250 knts. It's obviously a large airport and there isn't an issue with runway length. If that's an issue, he takes the Piper Arrow (single). And any short trips he takes the Arrow (like up to Tracy, Stockton, etc.)

$2000 is property taxes? My friend pays about $1K (it comes from his mortgage so he's not exactly sure) on his house which he paid about $130K a few years ago. And that's pretty cheap around here. Most houses in Clovis where I live you can't touch for less than $350K new. Like I've noted before...it's insane around here. I'm not sure what the diff. in property taxes between Fresno & Clovis are. There are overlapping tax districts (the school district where he and I live are the same) but it's different cities, same county, same ag district, different cemetary district. It's pretty much insane to figure that one out.

There are rules of when the Assesor can raise and lower taxes. Basically if you own the home, and don't sell it or anything, the valuation stays the same. But if you do anything with it, it will go to the current valuation, or if there was a previous devaluation, then it went back up they can reassess. This happened last year to some people (my supervisor's tax bill on his rental home went up). SO two people living in houses next to each other could be paying really different property tax amounts.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-07-2004, 04:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
SO two people living in houses next to each other could be paying really different property tax amounts.
Skinner, your boss is paying luxury taxes on his airplanes. I think around here, property taxes are around 1% of property value. When we almost bought the 1/2 million $$$ box house. Property tax was over $500 a month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]We pay about $100 a month now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Neighbors pay less, like Skinner said. They've lived in the house since it was built.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel