Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 10:53 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

We really don't worry to much about water freezing here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, my neighbors across the street taught us all a lesson about going on vacation during winter, though. Leave your heat on 65 or so. They went away for a month, turned off the heat. While they were gone, we had a very unusual cold spell and pipes did freeze and in their case, burst[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They had water running out their front door. City had to turn off their water main. When they came home 2 weeks later, the mold and damage was terrible. They didn't live in their house for 3-4 months while they did a complete gut job. Good thing, insurance paid for an updated house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And Tommy, glad to here from you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2004, 10:58 PM
Quad Patrol

Went hunting with my brother yesterday. We were knocking at the doors of Yosemite[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Found snow at 3000 feet and about 14" of it at 5000 feet. Saw lots of atvs and a couple mule types up there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We didn't get anything ourselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Saw a 4x4 and a bear. Saw a nice 4x4 on top of a Ford Explorer and 2 more hanging in some guys camps[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Toyo, I saw you updated your pics a few days ago. Those are some nice mounts your uncle has[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]I'd love to get a mountain lion[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, can't hunt them in Ca. anymore and because they are a protected species now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]can't go out of state and then, bring it back into California[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Trick or Treat!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2004, 01:43 AM
Quad Patrol

I think I'll take the treat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hoss, hope your feeling better[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2004, 06:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rescuediver
We really don't worry to much about water freezing here[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]But, my neighbors across the street taught us all a lesson about going on vacation during winter, though. Leave your heat on 65 or so. They went away for a month, turned off the heat. While they were gone, we had a very unusual cold spell and pipes did freeze and in their case, burst[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] They had water running out their front door. City had to turn off their water main. When they came home 2 weeks later, the mold and damage was terrible. They didn't live in their house for 3-4 months while they did a complete gut job. Good thing, insurance paid for an updated house[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And Tommy, glad to here from you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
pretty much standard wording in EVERY ins policy in Canada that ...during the regular heating season, if you're away from home more than 96 hours, you MUST make arrangements for someone to enter your home daily to check on things. if you don't, you aren't covered for damge caused by freezing. SO.... this type of damage would never be covered in Canada.

Old 10-31-2004, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Great. Im moving to teh snow. At least i get to ski everyday. haha

Old 10-31-2004, 10:04 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well I'm back from Hollister. Woohoo. Had a blast over there. It was 99% dry with very little standing water (Adobe Section) and a few mud pits. Ended up riding with about 1/2 dozen PD/Sherrif/Dispatch/CSOs (East Bay area). Funny to listen to them yack about some guys goofing up (left the PA on after telling a lady to make turns) and said something along the lines of "Stupid b*tch."

The one couple who was there for the whole weekend are great to ride with. They left the kids home for the weekend. Dad was riding one of the girls 250ex. It beat on him pretty good. He's used to a dirt bike or a motor unit (traffic officer). That short wheelbase and narrowness had him fighting it. But he did pretty darn good.

Learned one thing...the critters LOVE bread. 2 loves of french bread and a load of wheet sandwich bread.

OH yeah, and I LOVE that new truck. Pulled 65-70 up Pacheco (west bound) and 65 east bound (steeper). She's not a virgin anymore. Dent in the driver's side fender well in the bed from a piece of wood. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Oh well. It's a truck. Burned a little over "1/2" tank there and back in 275 miles or so. Has anyone ever have a dealer deliver a vehicle with 21 PSI on tires that should be running 36 PSI? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] That explains the 13MPG first tank. Supposed to be 15/19. I was looking for 16 on that tank.

On the way back a couple thought they were racing NASCAR. Some joker was running about 60-65 downhill in the left lane (70-75 is the norm for passenger type vehicles) coming around the north side of the resevoir. A Ford Ranger came up on him. Guy wouldn't move over. Ranger got tired of it and went to the right lane and joker moved over too. Back to the left lane with both. Jestures were exchanged that both of them thought each other was Number One in their book. Ranger was making it around and the import tried to side swipe him. Ranger got passed him, then the import tried to pass and the Ranger about took him all the way into the center median. I was about reading to call CHP if it got any worse. Friggin morons.

It doesn't freeze that much around here either. But it does. If it does too much the oranges freeze, then the trees die. Lost like $1B one year I think. The frost froze the oranges (then only good for OJ concentrate) then killed the trees. They are ok until about 28 deg. F. Below that the farmers bust out the smudge pots and burn like peach pits, etc. in them. Turn on wind machines, etc. That year the plumbers were making money. Pipes were busting all over the place. Even one of the big plumbing outfits had pipes go, in the middle of the day actually when a TV crew was there interviewing them.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 10-31-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
On the way back a couple thought they were racing NASCAR. Some joker was running about 60-65 downhill in the left lane (70-75 is the norm for passenger type vehicles) coming around the north side of the resevoir. A Ford Ranger came up on him. Guy wouldn't move over. Ranger got tired of it and went to the right lane and joker moved over too. Back to the left lane with both. Jestures were exchanged that both of them thought each other was Number One in their book. Ranger was making it around and the import tried to side swipe him. Ranger got passed him, then the import tried to pass and the Ranger about took him all the way into the center median. I was about reading to call CHP if it got any worse. Friggin morons.
gotta love a good road rage incident. from what you described, i don't blame the PU at all. A friend of mine moved to LA from here. way he expains it, in CA you guys shoot people who drive the way the import driver was driving.

Old 10-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I was actually waiting for gunfire to be honest. The thing is, that road is probably 5% downhill at some points. I don't think trucks are speed limited (Cuesta is 6% and trucks are limited to 35MPH) but this thing wraps 1/2 way around San Luis Resevoir. I was actually going to pull up next to the import so the Ranger could ride my tail past him but as I got even with the import (I think a Mitsu. Eclipse) we came up on an RV. I think that's when the Ranger got passed the moron.

Those are the type of situations my boss loves when he's in his Lightning. That supercharger kicks in and it just hauls. Though I do notice, my truck has a whine almost like a really small supercharger when you get into it. Not sure if it's air going through the throttle body or what.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

my best friend has a lightning. man, those things are like a rocket when you hit the gas. he'd still be road-raging with the eclipse. he usually changes lanes when he's beside the slow moving veh driving in the fast lane. actually, he ordered his from the same dealer i got my PSD from. we joked about who's order would arrive first. when his came in, i couldn't wait any longer and i bought mine off the lot with most of the extras already on it.

we've swapped a few times, but i've never got a chance to open his up cuz it's always in the city.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel