Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Chevron Dello 400 is Chevrons dino-based oil for diesel motors. It's probably the most popular of the dino oils. Been around for ages I think. Rotella is Shell's brand.

OK, I'm gonna cheat, LJ says they run Rotella dino.

Not sure what they have available for weights. The local Costco in Clovis carries Dello 400 as well. Not sure what weight. Never paid attention to it. Just seen it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-30-2004, 07:37 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Yes confused Cheveron Delo 400 is the oil and you can get it in whatever weight you want. if your lookin for cold weather oil 10W-30 is prolly good.

"DeloŽ 400 Multigrade Heavy Duty Motor Oil 15W-40 Performance
First oil to allow the diesel engines of the three leading U.S. manufacturers to run for over 1,000,000 miles without an overhaul. "

have used delo 400 in the Caterpillars and the dumpy has 500k miles and the motor is still mint and the excavators the lil one had 14,000 hours when we pulled the engine last winter and ended up just replacin a couple gaskets and puttin it backtogether everything was still within spec.

Old 11-30-2004, 08:00 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

ya know whats funny about that ****, its more expensive to buy in a drum from a wholesale distributor than by the gallon jug at costco. WTF is up with that?

Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 AM
Quad Patrol

Skinner, the grand opening is Dec 5th. You going? I might, the kids are going to a Christmas party and Imight head there while they are at the party. Let me know.

Yea, the wife might say the new one is hers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]But, that's alright[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I can live with it. She deserves a new ride just as much as I do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Her quad is a tank compared to the Z400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That bike is awesome. I rode a raptor at Pismo too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It definately has power[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] What I noticed between the two is, the response on the Raptor is; it's not as responsive and it is heavier up front. The 400 is so light up front and the throttle response is immediate[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Quad Patrol

Rotella is Shell's brand. I cheat and just take mine to the local Ford dealer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It costs me $50 for a full service oil change. Don't have the time to get under the truck and fiddle with it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]I know the Costco stores around here, do not carry the same brands and like Hoss said, the turn over is high, if, you see it and want it, you better buy it. It might not be there, next time you visit the store[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Quad Patrol

One of the other things I found out while at Pismo. I couldn't find after market wheels for the 160 to put sand tires on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I tried blaster wheels(heard they would fit with a little modification) WRONG. Wasn't even close. Then, we took spindles off a Suzuki 250 and walla, they fit[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, I need to see if the spindles off my 400 will work. If they fit, I'll buy new spindles and tires. That way, if I sell the 160, the tires will fit my 400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 01:49 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Now THAT is some thinking MD. Make it fit. Kinda what my friend's boyfriend had to do with her frankenstein Blaster. The Blaster has one part of the rear brake (either the caliper or the disk) is floating, while the opposite part on the Banshee is floating. Several stacked washers later on the mounting bolt for the Blaster caliper and it's all ligned up and functioning.

Luckily the Warrior/Raptor350, Banshee and Raptor 660 all share the same bolt pattern so rims are easy to come by.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-01-2004, 02:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

clearly that was beyond your scope of imagination MD, so who told ya about the cool trick?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] so the 250 hubs fit on the 160 axle, which allows you to use blaster wheels? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

i don't like shell or any of their products. their octane is always a little under the actual rating, they had some fuel additives that clogged injectors. i just stay away from them.

Old 12-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer

Diesel wise its all CFN so whatever CFN is usin thats whats in the trucks and stuff. Gasoline I used to only run texaco but shell bought the station rights and Chevron bought the name and the some other crap so since the dismissal of texaco i have used Shell in my commuter and its fine. I get gas from a couple differnt stations and i use the same pump everytime. I also use 1 tank of chevron on monday mornings. so its a 1 tank chevron 2 tanks shell a week I wont use arco or 76. i got a tank of water one time from a 76 station and you burn me once i never patronize your establishment agin and i throw poo bombs at your establishment and put poo in your money tray and mail slot. SONS OF BIATCHES!!!

Oh sure take the creative credit MD! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] i said sompin about tryin differnt hubs many pages back [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] also if that guys rap you rode didnt have right now throttle response it was setup wrong cuz man you touch the throttle on my and its right now and its gone.

Hoss this should make you happy. Im lookin at gettin a Polaris Sportsman 700 MV (Military Vehicle) it has dual winches and dual tanks, a massive pig but one hell of a recon vehicle. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider

So Festus is finally wising up, eh? That's almost a jeep.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] You must be putting it to work on the farm. My new bike is at the stealership until Christmas (they are hiding it for me, um...I mean hiding for my wife and kids to give me).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel