Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Red Light cameras- 'oh what fun they are here in SD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I got caught by one and I when to court to fight it. They are 18 traffic lights from one end of this street to the other. I timed each light ten times and found an average time the yellow light was on. Only one light on the street had a red light camera installed. Guess what I found out?

On the only traffic light that had a red light, the yellow light stayed on 1.6 seconds shorter than the next shorter time. Go figure........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I when to court with that info and presented the info to the judge and also asked to see when the light was last calibrated. That was info I knew they wouldn't have. Bottom line- I walked out free and clear. Screw them lights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

The company that installs & setup the lights also share in the money collected. What a racket!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

The fine was $271.00 but that was enough so they pushed it over $300.00.

The city even has a budget line item for this revenue. Bunch of crooks.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:10 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

IIRC the yellow light is supposed to be set by a CalTrans standard for the cameras. Don't want them to put a really fast yellow.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 02-28-2005, 01:47 PM
Monkey Rider
Afro-Engineer
FREE AND NOW are the best

Originally posted by: rescuediver

HHMMMMMM, not to long ago, you were ***** to the walls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] to conquer what's a head of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Now, you have a "HELL NO its gonna cost to much if i try that" Shesh, I would of never guessed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
NOW NOW!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] aint much i wont go up. But if i am sitting at the bottom of a nearverticle slide area and their is an undercut section at the top. I know i cant make it so i dont try. before. I woulda tried [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
IIRC the yellow light is supposed to be set by a CalTrans standard for the cameras. Don't want them to put a really fast yellow.
In SD, the cameras are set by the company who installed it and share in the revenue produced by the camera. Yes, it's well known here that this is happening and the city shut them down because of this issue. It's a racket. I think I heard they started one back up near the airport

Old 02-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

The cameras were to "improve safety" at the intersections but studies here have the accident rate vastly increasing due to rear end collisions. Everyone is slamming their brakes on so as not to get caught and the person behind slams into them. The exact opposite reaction to safety is what they have gotten.
They have their money so all is good with the city. That's the bottom line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 11:43 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
hey, where is pa? i can see he puts on a lot of miles so he's prolly very experienced driver, plus it must hurt for him when he gets a ticket..... more exposed to it than most of us.

so you really only object to the job security issue of the red light camera?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Pa's aka: MrTommy's around. For some reason[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]He doesn't visit us anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

No, We'll always have job security[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Unless, all the ******* keep moving to Canada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I think if you have a problem area, You address it through direct enforcement[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Not, allowing a private company, along with the city to profit from this. I seriously doubt, they will remove the cameras, when the runners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] wise up at those particular intersections[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]and other intersections become problem areas[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And, I posted the wrong fine amount[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]It's $340[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I think I originally said $370.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Thing is Fresno City PD pretty much sucks WRT traffic enforcement. Talk about nill. At said intersection I saw someone blow a red left arrow right in front of a cop. Come on. Any better ticket then that? Cop seems him do it. Should have pictures to back it up. Didn't so ANYTHING. In Clovis they would have hung the guy from the traffic light on the spot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

They have FINALLY started cranking up their traffic division. Before they didn't have an revenue sharing agreement with the county so the county got all of the traffic fine money they state didn't get. Now that they get a portion, they are enforcing traffic laws. But if the officer is a regular patrol officer, you can pretty much still do whatever you want. In Clovis, ALL officers are on traffic duty 100% of the time. Which I like. People tend to stay on top of themselves. But they aren't *****. Most people who complain are the idiots screwing around who they will pounce on.

Yah if you have a commercial DL in CA you get 1.5x pts and maybe, but not sure, double fines. Had a friend who didn't stop behind a RR crossing limit line. Got hammered big time ($1200 IIRC). That one is especially bad for the commercial guys. They can lose their CDL for that one. And he was in a regular car going to work, not in a truck.
Skinner, there are several reasons why the officer might not have acted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

1. 2 people see different things
2. officer might not have seen it
3. officer busy fiddling around with his MDT(In car computer) most common thing while sitting[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
4. Officer has had to put his leg between his tail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]because he gets similiar cases tossed out in traffic court[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Now, When I work and am extremely busy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]and see someone being felony stupid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I will at least stop them, inquire, and, if needed, get an autograph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Red Light cameras- 'oh what fun they are here in SD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I got caught by one and I when to court to fight it. They are 18 traffic lights from one end of this street to the other. I timed each light ten times and found an average time the yellow light was on. Only one light on the street had a red light camera installed. Guess what I found out?

On the only traffic light that had a red light, the yellow light stayed on 1.6 seconds shorter than the next shorter time. Go figure........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

I when to court with that info and presented the info to the judge and also asked to see when the light was last calibrated. That was info I knew they wouldn't have. Bottom line- I walked out free and clear. Screw them lights[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Smart, You are now a traffic lawyer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel