Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

Skinner, Over Christmas break, BJ's had just what your looking for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Stupid me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] didn't buy it either[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I think it was like $65[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

And the only "hemp" I know of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] you don't tow with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
i think ya got a little tongue-twisted there MD, i think what you meant to say was: "skinner, just what your looking for, BJ over Christmas break!!"

if ya smoke industrial hemp, you'll be sucking a long time before ya get a buzz ( see above [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]).

Old 03-12-2005, 02:19 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

i think ya got a little tongue-twisted there MD, i think what you meant to say was: "skinner, just what your looking for, BJ over Christmas break!!"
Guess I walked right into that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] BJ's is a shop near Oceano Dunes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] bj's place

Old 03-12-2005, 02:39 AM
Quad Patrol

Tonight, the daughter and I worked on her Mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Adjusted the valves, they were a little off[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Looked around a little bit, everything looked alright. On the cams, next to the rocker arms, it look a little rough, could this be because of the manufactoring process? The top of the piston (looking down from the spark plug hole) looks a little pitted, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I hate the way the spark plug sits deep in the engine. Can't clean out all the sand and mud from around the plug before you remove it. It's to recessed[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Pulled the carb to clean it. While removing the choke cable, I slipped and broke the little plastic thumb lever for the cable[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I imagine, that's $20 bucks to replace[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Tomorrow, guess I'll drain the tank, remove the fuel tap and clean the tank out. Need to visit the local dealer to buy couple parts, too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hopefully, with all this, the thing will start a lot easier for her AND me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Funny thing, while doing all this, the daughter mentions, how long this all takes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I told her, imagine if we had to do this, to the other 5 quads[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2005, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

md, you didn't really walk into anything, i just have a full-time pig mind. many times i've bit my tongue, but couldn't resist on that one.

i feel your pain on trying to keep several quads running/maintained. combine that with being poor like me and having to buy used all the time. ya really gotta keep seperate log books on each one for what and when you've done maintenance. air cleaners are particularly high maint. if you're in the dust. dunes are nice that way.

Old 03-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

"skinner, just what your looking for, BJ over Christmas break!!"
If you only knew.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-12-2005, 03:59 PM
Quad Patrol

I went to the local atv shop today. The pain wasn't to bad, walked out spending just under $25 for the parts I need[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] the choke lever was only $5[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] To bad I have to wait until mid week to get the stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Might cut into riding next weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I just hope after all the time and effort[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] spent on this quad is worth it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] 1 kick start would be awesome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2005, 04:08 PM
Quad Patrol

md, you didn't really walk into anything, i just have a full-time pig mind. many times i've bit my tongue, but couldn't resist on that one.

i feel your pain on trying to keep several quads running/maintained. combine that with being poor like me and having to buy used all the time. ya really gotta keep seperate log books on each one for what and when you've done maintenance. air cleaners are particularly high maint. if you're in the dust. dunes are nice that way.
Oh Sure[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] We must all be "a full-time pig"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] because, when I read it after your post, I thought the same thing you did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I guess, being a full time pig is ANOTHER thing, all of us here, have in common[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I feel your pain on being poor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] All of our stuff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] was bought used[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] (except the LT 160) When my daughter cleaned the k&n filter, she couldn't believe how dirty it was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] When I told her, they are suppose to go 50,000 miles with out a cleaning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] she asked if she had 50,000 miles on it from riding it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I started laughing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Told her, I didn't think so. Put it in relation to how many miles are put on our cars each year[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] She then understood.

Also, through all this, she now, has a very good understanding of how a engine works[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] having it torn apart was an excellent experience for her. She got to visualize how things work[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]And hoiw many 15 year old girls can say" they adjusted valves on an engine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]"

Old 03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
"skinner, just what your looking for, BJ over Christmas break!!"
If you only knew.
Why don't you tell us[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

OR

is it someting, we will hear about while at Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-13-2005, 01:20 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

It's a joke and not suitable for a family oriented site. LOL

I put on a UNI filter on the Warrior the other day. The stock filter was developing a slight tear on the end (the "closed" end where the end plate goes) and I was worried it would tear further at a bad time. I got some No Toil Oil and going to see how that works. Seemed to suck up a lot into the filter. I figured there would be more left after I squeezed it would. Can't seem to get it all out, esp. near where it mounted to the frame. There's a rubber part that uses a hose clamp to clamp down on the filter frame. Though the did include 2 extra foam bushing/seals. My stock one was ripping off the frame and leaking. Hopefully the Epoxy I used hold up to the fuel and elements.

When I finally go it mounted (that new seal is thicker and I had to really push on the lid to get it closed. Started her up and WOW. She sound good. Seems a LOT deeper. I like it. Can't wait to take it up to Miami tomorrow and rip around. See what happens. Hopefully the jetting will be ok. Worried it might lean out a little bit.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 03-13-2005, 01:34 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like a story for Miami[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Now all you need to do is throw a exhaust on that thing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] really wake her up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You would need to re jet, though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] If getting to your carb is a pain[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] then, it might not be worth the changes. I hate getting to the carb on the mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Soooo, much stuff in the way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] and not a lot of room in there, to work with it attached to the bike[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel