Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

Hoss, do your alkali flats get muddy with rain, and really stink? These ones are mixed with cow patty, so that may help some.
I haven't noticed a smell, but the larger area's of alkali are always wet and muddy. They are area's that people stay away from...too bad it's all over the place (especially in area's that have been heavily irrigated). I think irrigation seems to bring that crap to the surface. We have several acre's on our farm that we can't use anymore.
Isn't that stuff nasty to remove[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]with out scraping paint off??

Old 06-02-2005, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

md, i was thinking of a flatdeck on the 550 to haul the toys, plus having the grunt and GVW to haul it and the travel trailer.

as for camping, it's great to have yer own private group and area like that, BUT, ya gotta like DUST... thick, and lotsa dust.

Old 06-02-2005, 03:13 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
WW...it's that the crud is in the water and gets deposited on the soil that trashes things. Big problem out here on the west side of Fresno County. The ground might as well be concrete 6' down into the soil. All kinds of nasty crud. Biggest problem is selenium running down off of the coastal range. Ever hear of Kesterson Wildlife Refuge? I think it came close to a Superfund site.

They use CAT D9s to rip the ground up out there. Single spike into the ground and full throttle. Sometimes run them hitched together.

Everyone is switching to drip out there. Better yields. No run off. And some use much less water.
BR&W, Ketserson was on the Super Clean-up fund[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It did make a big difference. Amazing how the land is changing for the good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 03:16 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Pretty cool road trip this week. I was in Flagstaff talking about riding with a customer. He invites me to go riding that afternoon so I do it. Other than dress shoes the only other ones I had were my golf shoes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 'oh well they'll clean up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The riding was great. I was on the sons 450R[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Better than being at the hotel doing emails[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
You mean riding a 450r was better then posting on the PSD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'm shocked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How'd you like the 450r?

Old 06-02-2005, 03:19 AM
Quad Patrol

Well, you guys sure did have your own private group[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] my goodness[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] that is a lot of people to go camping with[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Who coordinates that fiasco[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Pro Rider

It was pretty sweet. Only one month old too. I think it's a nice quad because you could cruise it or haul tail. Lots of fun. If I was going to be purchasing one like that I would get the Yamaha though.

Old 06-02-2005, 03:43 AM
Quad Patrol

Cool, I thought they would be high revving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]not so good for just trail cruising[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Atleast my trail cruising, I rode with 2 of my daughters Monday, we averaged 11 mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'd think it would not be all that great then. Now, I am holding out to see what this supposedly new Suzuki 450 is going to be like. I got the ok from the wife to by another Z4?? Might just get the '05 with the new upgrades and let her have my Z400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, then, I think that was my plan back in the beginning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 09:17 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer

I'll try to post some pics of our Kamloops trip. some awesome hillclimbs there... you might like the terrain there for dirtbiking MWQ. steep, rocky dirt hills. one of the cousins just bought a Yamaha 250 or 350 trials bike, all alum frame, kinda pinkish-purple. very cool, and can he ever climb boulders and hop around on it.
Sounds tempting thats for sure, maybe some day I need to head to canada to ride a bit. I have always wanted a trials bike to mess around on, seems like fun and when you fall you are not usually going that fast.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
Cool, I thought they would be high revving[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]not so good for just trail cruising[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Atleast my trail cruising, I rode with 2 of my daughters Monday, we averaged 11 mph[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I'd think it would not be all that great then. Now, I am holding out to see what this supposedly new Suzuki 450 is going to be like. I got the ok from the wife to by another Z4?? Might just get the '05 with the new upgrades and let her have my Z400[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] But, then, I think that was my plan back in the beginning[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Im still trying to decide between the Z400 and the DVX400.. Hoping to pick one up before august.
I like the new upgrades to the Z400 but i like the way the DVX looks. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Heres one of my pics of last weekend. These guys where awsome! Shot over 80 pics in 10 mins.

Pic

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel