Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 02:55 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Whitewater

Ok ya'll...just wanted to update you on the little wizzer. He got to spend the day in his room (with his nose stuck on the carpet - just like a dog j/k). He has been put in eternal "Time Out". Since you can't beat the living hell out of your kids anymore, a "Time Out" is supposed to be punishment? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

And yes, he pissed on a kid on the street. Do you think the future Mrs. Mohawk will like "Golden Showers?"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Oh, I could go on and on about my kid. He's the next "America's Wanted".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He's Dennis the Mennis...cuter than hell, but sometimes a pain in the ars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I wish they had time out when I was growing up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I got punished with frying pans, curtain rods and the like. But then, I don't think "Danny, go sit in the corner" would of done a bit of good. I would of smirked and still gotten the crap beat out of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, hey, if you just found out he was wizzing on in the streets, kind of hard to jump the gun and beat the kid silly[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
And "Golden Showers" your killing me here WW[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

B&R, Your mom is going to get raked over the coals, paying her registration late[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Man we have no grace period. I know around here, if you work for the county you get no preference points from the local P.D.'s I've received my fair share of parking tickets, misc. cvc violations tickets[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's all aobout the meter maids making a killing for the great metropolis they work for. Dang Communist[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And I can't believe you would pawn your Daewoo on your poor little ol' mom.

Jetsnow, Welcome to our thread[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Yea, you are right, we can get a little winded. But, we are having so much fun, shoveling this BS all around North America[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Speaking of BS, where's Confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Also, Jetsnow, I take it you didn't have any aftermarket guages to go with your 80 hp chip? Also, was the transmission covered under warranty?

Old 08-06-2004, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

EGT guage but nothing for the tranny(i was told the EGT was the important one, never anything about the tranny)

Tranny warranty is only for 3 years and 36k and i had 66k on the truck when it happened so no warranty. Only the motor has a 100k mile warranty.

By the way, this might make a big difference, but this truck doesnt get driven without a trailer hooked to it, well maybe 5% of the miles without a trailer. I have a jeep wrangler and a commuter car i use for that stuff. The truck is hooked to a 6000lb snowmobile trailer from november to mid may and our 12,000lb weekend warrior from mid may till october. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Isnt that what trucks are for? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] That is also y i think my next truck needs to be a 6 speed.

Sean

Old 08-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Quad Patrol

I know about the usual warranty . I was wondering if you had an extended warranty on it and Ford refused to cover it due to the 80 hp chip. Read horror stories on the internet about them refusing warranty work like that.
It's my understanding that anything above 60 hp should have the boost, trans and pyro guages.

The way you have your truck set up is awesome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wish mine could just sit with the trailer attached waiting for the next fun trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But, I just love mine to much, to watch it sit in the drive way. I enjoy driving it every chance I can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'm sure you could use a 6 speed up in them hills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rescuediver
I know about the usual warranty . I was wondering if you had an extended warranty on it and Ford refused to cover it due to the 80 hp chip. Read horror stories on the internet about them refusing warranty work like that.It's my understanding that anything above 60 hp should have the boost, trans and pyro guages. The way you have your truck set up is awesome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Wish mine could just sit with the trailer attached waiting for the next fun trip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But, I just love mine to much, to watch it sit in the drive way. I enjoy driving it every chance I can[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm sure you could use a 6 speed up in them hills[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Yup.. Anything above 60hp you need guages, at least a 4" exhaust and a free flowing intake...

That sucks bout the tranny.. These ford trannys are not built ford tough.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Actually I've been pretty happy with my Daewoo. Only problem I have is the flippin A/C has a mind of it's own. It works when it feels like it. But when it does...BRRRR. Reminds me of older Ford A/Cs. It's something in the control panel. It just won't stay on sometimes. Though sometimes I can drive holding the button all the way in and it works. Oh well. Us Daewoo owners are getting shafted more than some 6.0 PSD owners. At least they don't get constantly beat up on for buying something. Now I just let them know the Chevy Aveo (or however it's spelled) and the new Suzuki cars are...guess...Daewoos. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My motor is a Daewoo and the tranny is a GM unit. You can clearly see the GM logo stamped on the front side of the case. It's not a GM. It's not a GM. And parts aren't hard to find. Just have to go to your local <cough> GM dealer. Though I think they changed the brakes on these things more than Ford has changed injectors on the 6.0.

It's got decent power. Mileage is ok (20/32). But its funny, if I drive 55 on the way over to Pismo, I get worse mileage than if I drive 65. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I guess because I'm carrying more speed through the corners and up the hills she's not having to work as hard. I actually need to get her out on the road and take a day trip somewhere just for the heck of it.

Anyone else hate it when someone borrows your car and you just can't get the seat back in the same position? Arg.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

I have a 96 saturn 4 door car for my commuter car. I cant seem to kill the thing. Bought it for $3000 w/ 90k on it just over 3 years ago and it has around 140k on it now. Never had a single problem with it knock on wood. The crazy thing is it gets 40mpg on the high, 38 w/ the AC on(and its super cold AC) and the worst mileage i have ever gotten with it is 34mpg, that was lots of stop and go, AC, and running the crap out of it. Pretty amazing.

I think i drive too much. I put around 15k miles a year on my saturn, 12k miles on my jeep wrangler and 20k+ miles a year on the truck. lol

Sean

Old 08-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
Well i've been following this thread for a long time, you guys sure ramble on. I've been lurking but not really posting(i think i posted a couple time)

I see a couple of you are from utah and canada, you guys snowmobile? We only ride quads when there isnt snow on the ground [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Sean
Ramble on? Us?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I'm glad to see that Trasher and jetsnow have decided to join Forda Beta Kappa. Of course, Trasher is the founder of FBK (pin #1).

I really would like to get a sled. I have been looking at the RMK800 and have decided that it is a sled for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I go to a lot of hill climbs to watch those crazy ba$tard$ climb.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] My brothers and I went to Jackson Hole to the championship hill climbs a few months ago. However, I liked Widow Maker in Utah much better (better wrecks).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Lt. Dan,
Golden showers...good times....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wifey had to shampoo his room, twice. She was not a happy camper.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Hey, and chick magnet is still out of town (I think). Do you miss him? I sure don't...he's kind of a whiner and I'm starting to get the feeling that he's a little light in the loafers.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

B&R,
Are you kind of a momma's boy? Does she still do your laundry and make you dinner? She probably makes your bed, too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I traded my mom in for a wife. It's a woman's job to take care of her man / little boy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Now she does that all for me, while I'm working my a$$ off at work.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Oh come on ladies...we all know that it's your responsibility to cook, clean, and to be subservient to your Man.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, Ford's....I really like my truck... It's a good truck...It gets me to work...It gets me to "play"... Is that enough rambling for you?

Oh where is MrTommy?

Old 08-07-2004, 02:11 AM
Quad Patrol

Not having a/c in the valley can be quite brutal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Right now, you just never know what parts your going to get in your vehicle., When I was 16, I had a Luv. It was powered by a Isuzu motor. There really is no such thing as 100% American Made. Hey, if your happy with it. I don't care what you drive, I'm not maintaining it or making the payments[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And the mileage you posted, You just can't beat it nowadays[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And B&R, I know what your talking about with the seats[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Wish mine had the auto reset[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Sometimes, I wonder how people, especially women, can turn. They sit so darn close to the steering wheel[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I thought I drove alot. I've put 20,000 miles on my truck in 6 months. And I'm not including the mileage I log while working.

WW, I bet the wife wasn't happy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]Missing Confused, I think he's still confused on how to fix that Breeze he bought[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I saw he was getting some info on the thread he posted for it. Said he has been in the shop working late on it. I think he is in the doghouse for buying the Breeze and the m/c[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Probably doesn't have electricity in the shop. So maybe we should treat him like a mushroom, that is, Keeping him in the dark, and feeding him BS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Also, B&R is trying to recruit DQ,Girlygirl and Ridingfolks, to the thread and WW, you make a girly comment like that. No wonder Confused got the PM[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Your all looks, but no suave'[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And MrTommy, is working and has family in from Chicago[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]My home town[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, he'll be doing some catch-up in a few days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Quad Patrol

Everyone must be out riding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Should be alot of stories posted after this weekend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I wanted to go to Pismo today, kids wanted a family night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]So, I was out voted[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Later

Old 08-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

It's a home weekend for me as well. Went saw the new Tom Cruise movie with my bro. Pretty good if you like action flicks. But some of the cinemaphotography in the beginning made my head spin. Too much moving around and not in focus.

IIRC, the motor and tranny were built in Australia. Everything was put together somewhere in South Korea.

I don't see how some people drive period. THe ones who tilt the seat WAYYYYY back. Ugh. My seat back has to be JUST right or it annoys me. I know I've got it set right, but because I had to adjust it, it doesn't feel right. Because I've lost weight, it feels almost like I'm sitting further back from the wheel. But I'm not, it's just my belly isn't so close.

I'm not sure where anyone else is. I'm guessing power is up running around some trails up in the forest. it's gotta be beautiful up there right now. I think it's supposed to be mid-90s on the floor today. Should be 10 degrees less at Oakhurst, and lower up in the mountains.

Me, recruit women? Noooo. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] Go back and search and find the first time I replied to a message with her on it. Everyone thought I was trying to pick up on her. Nope. I know when I'm not in a class. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Plus I like my women tame. Pole dancer? Too much.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel