Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 04:39 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Thrasher, Hopefully in 10 years, the only thing they are doing, is laughing about this around a campfire.

WW, I feel for you. I honestly don't know what I would do. Except, Wish you luck buddy.

Old 08-05-2004, 04:57 AM
Quad Patrol

A couple good things happened today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

First, I received the shocks that I bought from steve55, here on the forum. They are Works double rate AT steelers. Can't wait to put them on the mojave[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

And second, I am also one of the feature forum members for today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 05:21 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trasher, glad to see you're back in the loop.since you bought a PSD, you have the privilege of being allowed to chat with us. B&R is our only exception.

ww the irony in all of this for me is that my 7 y/o Riley asked to get a mohawk today and was downright po'ed when we said no (we're going to a funeral tomorrow and i thought it'd be over the top).Plus I thought of your little guy right away. I guess what I'm asking the resident advice columnist is; should we be covering our vents in plastic and shrink-wrapping the neighbor kids? maybe have him wear a french safe 24/7 (like dad), just in case of emergency urges.

ya, I hate to kiss and tell, but basically the Ford sisters want me to tag-team them and turn them into the Banger Sisters. The chicks all want me, they just don't know it yet. Rescue, the last 3 sentences were close to the line, but still way over on this side of the edge so put your magic marker away.

I just bought a Yamaha Breeze. was advertised as a 1995, but the VIN sticker was missing that would normally show the year. I found the VIN stamped on the frame (super hard to find). For anyone who wants to know, the 10th digit in a VIN gives you model year. Letter K is 1989. letter 'o' is not used. In something like '02, they went to a number in the 10th digit to represent year. So guess what? mine is an '89. Called the guy and he claims it was sold to him as a '95. Negotiated a couple hundred bucks more off the price. BTW, ran VIN through CPIC (Canadian Police Info. Centre) and it came back clean.

why do I always find the people that advertise "exc cond", yet they've done NOTHING for maintenance and the thing is borderline about to fall apart? On both this and the '02 xr80 we just got, I took it apart and replaced plug, cleaned air filter & air box, took apart carb and cleaned it, adjusted chain and lubed all the cables. On Breeze, also replaced 2 broken/missing grease nipples, adjusted valves, straightened bent front crash bar, and I think float is off as I see a little drip out of bottom of carb. It needs to be cleaned and adjusted. the petcock works on reserve, but doesn't seem to work in "on" position. reverse indicator switch was disconnected, tailight was disconnected, and lots of loose or missing bolts. This is excellent condition? Man there are so many idiots and dumba$$ losers out there. I guess if it starts, that makes it "excellent", or "mint". Aaargghhh. just came in from shop for a break from this thing.

When I sell used, you know all the good and bad and the price reflects it. I never waste your time.I usually advertise firm price. When you show up, there's nothing to argue cuz there's no surprise cuz I already told you exactly what you'll see and get. And it's almost always turn-key. guess I'm the stupid one.

I've got 55,000 miles on my '99. because of the 2 extra rear tires on the dually, i only accumulate half the mileage.

BTW rescue, good one on WW about the pee degree. time to use that training on jr.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:40 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, it probably wouldn't want to go to a funeral with a son wearing a mohawk. This must be for your friend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I read right through your lines and didn't see a problem[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] But, I think they are more like Twisted Sisters going after you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Not Banger Sisters[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Glad to hear you were able to squeeze some money out of the guy that sold the breeze to you. That's really unheard of. Must of threatened him with the Canadian mafia[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Didn't you open your eyes when you looked at it, before buying it though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]I am like you though, I sell it for what I feel it's worth and will let you know everything about it. I guess that's the price of being honest[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

Ohhhhhhh... I got a piiiiiccttttuuurreeee!!! w00t

Our truck has 56,000 on it...

Old 08-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
LOL WW. I was wondering what was up today. Nobody saying anything. And if you knew how little I actually do at work, you would post more like me.

Ummm the GMC has like ohhh 180-190K on it. Granted I got it with 136K on it. Put that on since Sept. '99. Not too bad. My personal car (Daewoo Nubira) just clicked over 30K miles in 3 years and ohhh 9 mos. (11/10/00). I've put on like 3,000 miles this year so far. Letting my mom borrow it while she gets her car registered...don't even ask.
Okay, I have to ask, why is ur mommy driving your Daewoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?

Old 08-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey confused, I'm confused; what's a french safe? Sorry about your friend.

On a lighter note, I think you should give Riley (is that right?) a Mohawk. He only lives once and heck, at least the neighbors would be right about you (white trash).[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wanted to take him to church with the mohawk, but wifey wouldn't let me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

It sounds like you bought an ATV from a reliable source.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ok ya'll...just wanted to update you on the little wizzer. He got to spend the day in his room (with his nose stuck on the carpet - just like a dog j/k). He has been put in eternal "Time Out". Since you can't beat the living hell out of your kids anymore, a "Time Out" is supposed to be punishment? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

And yes, he pissed on a kid on the street. Do you think the future Mrs. Mohawk will like "Golden Showers?"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Oh, I could go on and on about my kid. He's the next "America's Wanted".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] He's Dennis the Mennis...cuter than hell, but sometimes a pain in the ars.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

WW

When he was wizzing on the kid down the street did he write his name like someone might do in snow?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2004, 07:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Well, she didn't pay her registration cause she couldn't fint it. Emailed DMV (instead of calling which takes less time!) and it's All Their Fault. She didn't know how much her registration was. She ended up getting two tickets in 3 days at work (she works for the County) for not being registered. At least they didn't right her up for handicap as she has handicap plates on the car. So she's been driving my car for a week till she gets around to registering her car. It needs to be driven some so I'm not too upset. Plus maybe I can pawn it off on her. Take over the payments and you can have it. I spend too much on it for what little use I actually get out of it. Drive it in the evenings and on the weekends when I'm actually home.

Oh yeah, and the truck is a hair over 185,000 miles.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 08-06-2004, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Well i've been following this thread for a long time, you guys sure ramble on. I've been lurking but not really posting(i think i posted a couple time)

I have an 01 f250 crew cab short bed 4x4 w/ a 4 inch lift and 35's and an 80hp chip.

As far as the flashing OD off light, it means your tranny is way too hot and you need to pull over immedaitely and let it cool down. I learned the hard way as whenever it went off i just ignored it, it happened 5 or 6 times probably all were near the top of a long grade while pulling our weekend warrior(12,000 lbs loaded) Well a month ago with 66k on the truck i was climbing out of a canyon with a smaller trailer(6000lb snowmobile trailer) and it wouldnt shift out of second gear and the OD off light was flashing. We stopped and at lunch to let it cool off. then it drove fine as we decided to head home.` Took it to the tranny shop and the pan was full of metal shavings(keep in mind i had the tranny fluid changed every 20k or so and it had about 18k on the fluid when they pull it at 66k) They pulled the tranny and it was toast, all the clutch plates were completely worn down and the planetary gears were toast. Well $3000 later i have a new tranny w/ a 3 year 36k mile warranty. So lesson learned, as soon as that OD off light starts blinking, pull over and let it cool.

Have 68k on the truck now and it pulls great still. I like the truck, just hate the tranny. My next truck will be a dodge cummins w/ a 6 speed.

I see a couple of you are from utah and canada, you guys snowmobile? We only ride quads when there isnt snow on the ground [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Sean

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel