Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

my sheen seems fine. must be all that CA pollution and acid rain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
my sheen seems fine. must be all that CA pollution and acid rain. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
That I don't doubt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] The Central Valley was just rated one of the worst places in the U.S.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

But, you know what, it's all a joke. They cry about air quality, However, they continue to rip out acres and acres of trees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] only to replace them with asphalt and concrete to park 2,3 or more cars[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They also cry about not enough water in Ca. but, they allow more growth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] It's a political ploy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 03:34 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Yep with MD there. San Joaquin Valley is the 2nd worst air basin in the US next to LA.

You should see the growth in Fresno. Holy COW! Had to run a tool earlier to a job site at a gold course. All the grape vineyards...GONE. Its' all graded for housing. blech. It's insane. Though we've jacked up the San Joaquin River is trashed. 60 miles of it is dried up. nothing. But the water goes to farming. The fight is on right now as the old water contracts are expiring.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-28-2005, 03:47 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Yep with MD there. San Joaquin Valley is the 2nd worst air basin in the US next to LA.

You should see the growth in Fresno. Holy COW! Had to run a tool earlier to a job site at a gold course. All the grape vineyards...GONE. Its' all graded for housing. blech. It's insane. Though we've jacked up the San Joaquin River is trashed. 60 miles of it is dried up. nothing. But the water goes to farming. The fight is on right now as the old water contracts are expiring.
With all the studies that these "so call" scientist do, why don't they do a study on how much crap ISN'T removed from the air[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] because we just tore out 100 acres of trees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] to put in new homes. How, but they argue "Every home will have a tree palnted in the front yard" to off-set the pollution. What a joke[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] That tree is to help the city get a TREE USA sign. Who Hoo...Yippee Ei Ahhhh

Old 04-28-2005, 03:52 PM
Quad Patrol

As far as water goes. It get's me all these tree huggers that want to drain the Hetch Hetchy reservoir (located in Yosemite). This has been in existence since, what the 1920's or so. So,Break down the dam, and let the water run wild again. Ok, fine and dandy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] BUT, now where does the 2 million people[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] that have relied on it, for almost 100 years get their water from????

Right now, there are 3 water companies complaining the other, is using to much water[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They all get water from the same region in the mountains.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Quad Patrol

I'll stop and get off my horse[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] now[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] See what you started Confused[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I wonder how many of those morons live in San Francisco. And if they realise that's where the water coming out of their tap comes from. Morons. With environmental laws the way they are now, no damn would probably ever get built.

Oh wait...they probably live in LA where the water comes from the Delta. I have a solution. Let's turn off the CA Aquaduct. Give SF the water going to LA. Let LA dry up. LOL. Probably save a lot of money spent to pump the water 1/2 way down California. Teach people to move somewhere where there isn't any potable water!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 04-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, here in the rain forest.... we got tons of water, we only use one of several possible lakes/resevoirs for our drinking water. every year it reaches record lows. we all wonder why they don't tap into another one of many other possiblities.

every summer our air gets worse, and it's very similar to LA to Palm Springs. not so bad on the waterfront/ Port of Vancouver, but as you drive 1-2 hours east, it's hazy and really socks in at the base of the mountains in the Valley. they always have the worst air quality.

Old 04-29-2005, 02:35 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
I wonder how many of those morons live in San Francisco. And if they realise that's where the water coming out of their tap comes from. Morons. With environmental laws the way they are now, no damn would probably ever get built.

Oh wait...they probably live in LA where the water comes from the Delta. I have a solution. Let's turn off the CA Aquaduct. Give SF the water going to LA. Let LA dry up. LOL. Probably save a lot of money spent to pump the water 1/2 way down California. Teach people to move somewhere where there isn't any potable water!
So true on building new dams. A local irrigation district wanted to build a dam on the Clavey river to meet the future needs of the growing population. It was turned down. Don't you just love it when politicians tell us we need to allow growth[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] But, they refuse to address or pay for the problems that come with it. Like, air polution, drain on local safety, schools, roadways etc.

I couldn't agree with you more on the Aquaduct. We have their power lines and aquaduct, cross basically right down the middle of our county. Remember about 5-6 years ago when they wanted to split the state[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Should of let it happen. Sorry Creator[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-29-2005, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
well, here in the rain forest.... we got tons of water, we only use one of several possible lakes/resevoirs for our drinking water. every year it reaches record lows. we all wonder why they don't tap into another one of many other possiblities.

every summer our air gets worse, and it's very similar to LA to Palm Springs. not so bad on the waterfront/ Port of Vancouver, but as you drive 1-2 hours east, it's hazy and really socks in at the base of the mountains in the Valley. they always have the worst air quality.
Confused, You are painting a totally differnet picture of Canada[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] then I envision[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Always thought of it as a sportsman's paradise with no negative enviromental problems[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] other then the tree huggers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Your area sounds just like ours. Coast/bay area 75 miles away, on the other side of the Coastal/Diablo range. Then, we have the Sierra's starting 35 miles to the east. So, we get all the smog blown in from the coast, where it settles in our valley. S.F. and the legislators refuse to try and reduce the smog in their area. But, we have crazy smog restrictions in ours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Heck, they even built windmills on the Altamont Pass/Hills to move the air into the valley[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] They covered up their intentions[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] by calling the windmills, an alternative to making electrical energy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel