Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: Trasher
That's the bad part of living in San Diego. It's always a major deal to go riding since nothing is close to home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
55 miles for me up to Miami. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Closest legal riding spot for me.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Devil's Racetrack

This is one of the trails that I will be riding on. It's about 20 miles or so from my house. Pictures don't do it justice.
Looks like a sweet ride Hoss. Don't run any bicyclists over with your beasts.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Devil's Racetrack

This is one of the trails that I will be riding on. It's about 20 miles or so from my house. Pictures don't do it justice.
Looks like a sweet ride Hoss. Don't run any bicyclists over with your beasts.
They would NEVER let anyone ride in an area like that in Cali- NEVER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Your lucky to be able to walk through that place

Old 09-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
Maybe that's what woke me up.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey, I'm going on a 70 plus mile ride tomorrow![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

sounds like a blast. pack gas. we're going on a poker ride on sunday. annual atv club ride, in a new area. i don't care much for the riding there tho...too much logging road and not enuf trails.
LJ and I did a 65 mile last year. All forest road. We've done 35 mile ride 3x so far. Did a couple 40 mile days this past weekend.

Gas prices and finances being the way they are, I'm probably sitting at home 'til Halloween for a club ride at Hollister. Hopefully it rains so we can have a little fun with Karyn. LOL
If just my two older boys go with me, we can ride 100-125 per day in places like Borrego

Old 09-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

I can ride from my house (hundreds of miles of trail). My oldest boy rides the 400 to football practice.

Some area's are shutdown, cuz of Wilderness Study area's, but that's okay...there are area's that need to be protected. The Devils racetrack access goes right through wilderness study area, but they have designated legal trails to go through the area.

However, there are a bunch of eco-****'s in the area, snubbing their righteous nose at us, and blocking trails, etc. It's funny, if it has an engine, then you are a bad person. If you are on a bike or on foot, then it's okay (in their eyes). I like to hike, etc., but I think we need to share, protect, and conserve the land. I have a B.S. in Enviro. Engineering and they try to tell me how to protect the land...idiots![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 05:10 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
Originally posted by: rescuediver
Originally posted by: mywifesquad

I run a K&N FIPK on my F150 if that helps any. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
My buddy ran one on his F150 too. Unfortunately, he sold it shortly thereafter[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] So, I couln't get any info off of him. Only thing he really didn't like about it was the additional whining the motor made from sucking in all that extra air[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I told him it was his fiance' that was whining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
I love that sound, I run a 3" single glass pack on mine and at full throttle the intake is louder than the exhaust. It seemed to add 30 hp and sounds SWEET!!. Mine is loud enough to block out all the "whining" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Hhhmmm, must not need to be smogged[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

One of the things I love about my PSD is there is no whining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] If there is, I CAN'T HEAR her[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 09-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: Trasher
Kinda funny when their both on at the same time. Makes you wonder.................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
ya know, Cybil really does fit him.
Ah yes, the wonder and anonymity of the internet...it's quite refreshing wouldn't you say? Ahem, good morning all! TGIF!
LOL!

Afternoon Hoss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 05:15 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: TrasherTraffic is never a problem unless the dog is sleeping on the stairs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
LMFAO!

Lets see, Works from home, kicks the dog off the stairs to clear the traffic jam on staircase 101[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and plays a lot of golf[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] HHHMMMMM< Where do I sign up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Oh wait a minute, my dogs are left outside[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] and I am retired[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hmmm,,,, where did I go wrong[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Quad Patrol

Traffic isn't usually a problem for me either. Though I do have traffic tie-ups in the hallway as well. One interestection might get about 20 cars backed up (2 lane funnels to one lane for a little over a mile).

Been nice here the last couple of days. Today is only supposed to be 85. Last night and this morning I drove around with the window down and the A/C off. Amazing how much more giddiup the truck had. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

MD, on my towing mileage, not sure, but I went back and figured out. When I towed that 5K load, I was probably about 15 or so I think. I got like 17MPG that tank. About 1/2+ was up there, with half that being really heavy. Job site is like 78 miles one way. Then had a run to Kettleman. So hmm...maybe it gets sub 15. 4.6 with 3.55s is NOT a towing machine. Had a guy ask me last night what kind of mileage I get. His wife drives a 4x4 Tahoe and the gas prices are killing them.
Only traffic jam I get into now is at the school. Mom's need to put down the Starbucks and cell phone and think about driving with both hands[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I love hearing the traffic report on the highway and knowing I am now, not stuck in it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ahh I think fall is coming[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only suppose to get to upper 70's low 80's[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Dropping into the low 60s at night[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] No need to use a/c anymore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Means more $$$ for quadding[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I don't think that's bad mileage with a load like that. My mileage stunk pulling our camping trailer, used a 1/4 tank going over the Sierras[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Fuel prices have gone down about .02 cents woo hoo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2005, 05:24 PM
Quad Patrol

actually, i've upgraded the "courting ritual" to a twisted form of foreplay. actually hoss, i bet there was lot of that this AM when the thunder awoke the wife??...NOT!
The thunder he heard was the wife yelling at him "TO KNOCK IT OFF" and the white flashes were "STARS" from being knocked in the "head" a few times[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

LOL!

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel