Trucks and Towing, All Makes and Models. Discussion on all makes and models of trucks and towing.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel

Originally posted by: rescuediver

So, how's that work now that it didn't pass smog the first time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Do you need to bring it to a test only station from now on?
It actualy didnt pass the first 2 times. It was just a little high on HC's, 120 was allowed and it checked 138 each time. Since it never hit gross polluter status, its still cool. At least thats what Jauqine tells me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to own a automotive garage for about 6 yrs with a smog station & license. The very best thing you can do to about every vehicle before having it tested is to run it down the road hard for a while and get the cat good and hot. Then, slam it on the machine and test it. It really helps. We would get someone in a vehicle like a Nissan Pathfinder fer example. Those would never pass the first time. So I would tell them to drive the heck out of it and I would test it right afterwards. Worked everytime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: rescuediver
The key though, is to do it before your vehicle doesn't pass smog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] otherwise, it gets flagged by the system and is marked a gross polluter. IIRC
Reminds me of the '79 LTD we had w/302 CID. The last time I took her in for a smog check she popped about 2500 PPM on the HC. LOL. Became acquainted at that time about the whole "Gross Polluter" thing. The motor finally gave up the ghost w/130K or so and 1 oil change in umm lets see...8 years? She ran great up until that dreadful morning. Stupid thing only had a Speedo and a gas gauge. Everything else was the "Check Engine" light. Check WHAT? Idiots! Her last mile was bad. Go peddle didn't do much. Then finally THUD <big cloud of smoke from hood>. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] My guess is the oil pump let go.
I hope your giving your Mighty PSD better care than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The oil pump was probably full of sludge and not letting oil get to the rods and the crank and/or rods siezed

Old 09-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Damn forum has been down...how's a guy supposed to screw off at work without it?

Old 09-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Royalty Rider

Im sure you'd find a way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Besides I didnt think screwing at work was appropriate?? Hmm...

Old 09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
Im sure you'd find a way [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Besides I didnt thing screwing at work was appropriate?? Hmm...
Its according on the profession...........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2005, 06:38 PM
Royalty Rider

Yeah, I guess you got a point there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2005, 06:51 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Trasher
I hope your giving your Mighty PSD better care than that[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The oil pump was probably full of sludge and not letting oil get to the rods and the crank and/or rods siezed
I don't have a mighty PSD. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It was my mom's car. But since I have a d!ck between my legs I'm supposed to be responsible to take care of her fsckin car. Don't start. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-13-2005, 06:52 PM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

Originally posted by: Whitewater
Damn forum has been down...how's a guy supposed to screw off at work without it?
No clue. I've been <gasp> working. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackandRedWarrior
Originally posted by: Whitewater
No clue. I've been <gasp> working. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Me too.

Quick Reply: Ford Crew cabs w/7.3 Diesel