Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

What's in your gear bag?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's in your gear bag?

Syclone-Anything you have at had will work to seat a bead. Tie down straps are by far the best (because you cans cinch them down), but a tow strap or even you belt will work in a pinch.

On the utes, I carry a 9 oz. CO2 cylinder (http://www.inflationzone.com/), and it will seat a bead on any tire. On the sport bikes, all there is room for are the little CO2 cartridges, but a couple of those will inflate a quad tire. But, seating a bead is a bit more of a challenge with the little ones.

Old 03-20-2004, 09:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info ReconRanger.
I've seen the CO2 inflation kits at Cabela's and Bass Pro Shop, but I never put much stock into them because I didn't know if they really worked that good. After seeing your post, I'll have to invest in one.

The Fix-A-Flat is a good quick fix when you're out in the middle on nowhere but it leaves that liquid rubber in the tire and on the wheel. After it hardens, it can make the tire feel out of balance at higher speeds. Then you have to go through an act of congress to get that mess out!
Thanks again.

Later

Old 03-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: reconranger
Syclone-Anything you have at had will work to seat a bead. Tie down straps are by far the best (because you cans cinch them down), but a tow strap or even you belt will work in a pinch.

Would it not be easier to use your winch cable? Just wrap the cable around the tire, and take in cable till it causes the tire to buldge out against the rim. And you have a way to hold the tire while you fill it w/ air.

Old 03-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer

I carry some rope, gloves, tree saver, ****** block tow strap, some shackles a small folding saw, water, a compass and or a gps, maps, snacks, insect repellant, a mini mag flashlight, a bic lighter, a whistle, and some rain gear. (Some times a pistol if I feel the need, check local laws) The protection is for 2 legged critters. Extra gas is a good idea and tire repair stuff like fix a flat or plugs and a small pump or C02 inflator is a wise thing also. The usual tool Kit of course. A first aid Kit and some Duct tape isn.t bad either.