Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

The very best stock Utility quad.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The very best stock Utility quad.

Ok, this I'm sure has been posted, but couldnt see it. I want to get a Utility quad and am looking to get some educated opinions. Which one is the best. Please dont just list what you have, list what you've seen to be the best.(you rarely see people post something other than what they have) now if you've experienced many and now own the best let me know. Thanks. I will be useing it for mud, trails, rutted out terrain, occasional rocks, hill climbs, and gravel roads.
Thanks again

Old 04-12-2004, 08:25 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does "best" mean to you??? If best means it will last forever, then the old Honda 300 is the best. If best means most power, then one of the big bores would be it. Etc.............

I personally don't like bikes that are either large or heavy, so I stay with the medium size machines.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: ScrambleMe
Please dont just list what you have, list what you've seen to be the best.(you rarely see people post something other than what they have)
You better get what I got, a 2004 Arctic Cat 400I 4x4!

Old 04-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

For all around i think the 500 ho from Polaris would be it.

Old 04-12-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

For nothing but mud, I've seen the 700 Sportsman do some wild things. For trails, gravel roads etc. the Rincon rides like a Caddy. But for all around anything you want to do, with the stuff to get it done, you can't beat a big Prairie.

Keep in mind that they all come with stock tires that aren't worth spit! Plan on other tires reguardless of what you get.

Old 04-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

I do like the Sportsman 700 and was considering the 700efi. I' ve ridden the 700 and yes it does do amazing things especially in the mud. I have not ridden anything else for Utility quads though, so dont therefore know about the others. A/C also sounds to be good w/the irs, and big engine.
I plan on getting a ute, and a sport so I will also have two no matter the terain I want to play on. My current atv will do a little of everything so it would be a good loaner for a friend or wife to go along.
And I did mean the best, as in you cant get anything better, bigger, basically the best articulation, most powerfull, and needing the least for add-ons like tires and stuff.

thanks for the replies so far.

Old 04-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

I would highly recomment a visit to the dealerships of thoses Big Bore utility machines and give them all a try. Then compare their handling, performance and what ever you judge neccessary. Choose your favourite, make sure it suits your needs and do a reliability research on that ATV. And if everything seems right for you, buy it! That is what I did.

Old 04-13-2004, 12:59 AM
Range Rover

littleboy, that would be nice but I dont know of a dealer that will let me take one in the mud or even off thier property. That is why I wanted to get peoples opinions of what they have experienced.

Old 04-13-2004, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

I agree with Dobie, the sportsman is a good machine for what you want.

Old 04-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

in my opinion by far the best utiliy quad is the rubicon i do all that you want to do and it has never let me down. plus the tranny and engine braking is exceptional

Quick Reply: The very best stock Utility quad.