Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How do you add pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you add pictures

Howdy

I notice some people have an icon/picture of a camera under their name in the column to the left of what they print, acting as a link to pics of their atv's or whatever.

How di I do that?

Thanks

Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider
Has Been Around Here Quite Awhile!

go up and click on "MY PAGE". From there click on "Edit" Then look where you want your photo to go and click on "Add"

Old 01-12-2005, 10:33 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks Camo....

By the way.......how do you like your 450? The ride must be awsome with the new IRS.

I'm getting a new ATV......stuck between a Vinson or Kodiak 450.....kinda leaning towards the Vinson.....borrowed one for a day so got to test it out in all types of terrain. I wish I could try the Kodiak on the trails for a day....test drove one at the dealer , but up and down in the parking lot doesnt tell you much.

Thanks again

Old 01-12-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

It's my baby! I just love it. I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with either. Does the vinson have the Locking front Differantal. You might need it up where you live.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Range Rover

Camo,

Where did you get that seat cover? I need one of those. One of my wifes horses took a little chuck out of my seat.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

Bigbear03,I got the seat cover from the Yamaha dealer. You should be able to get one from any Yamaha dealer. That sure is a lot of deer you and your buds have on your ATV's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2005, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

No ...

no locking front diff on the Vinson....thats the downside. And yes, up here it gets pretty ugly after the spring thaw ( we currently have a few feet of snow with more to come....this lasts till March/April. During April, May and June you can run into a lot of wet trails and mud.

Whats nice about the atv I have now, is if I do get stuck, I just get off and push it out...its only 400 lbs so with a little determination, you can usually get it unstuck. That makes me brave as far as trying out bad mud..... I can only imagine getting a new 600 lb atv stuck.

Do you use your locking diff that much.....do you find it makes that much of a difference?

Out of all the atvs Ive tried on good trail runs, the Vinson had the best combionation of performance, stability, and good history of no major problems. There were some that rode better but had issues or problems in the past. The only one I havnt tried is the Kodiak.....

Also...have you ridden with 2 people on your Kodiak? If so does it squat much and is the ride still half decent.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Big Bear....

How do you find the bigger tires?

I'm thinking of getting the dealer to throw on 26" mud lites when I get my new atv. He says he'll throw on four 25" or 26" tires in place of the old ones for another $100.

Is the ride still reasonably good with tires with extra big lugs?. Do you find it was a good trade off in performance/comfort in order to make it through more ugly stuff?

Old 01-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Range Rover

dranem,

If the dealer will give 25" or 26" Mudlites to replace stock OEM tires for $100.00 is a good deal assuming you are getting a good deal on the bike itself. Get the 26" or 27" if you can. I always tell myself nothing is for free.

The mudlite ride very nice on anything other than concrete or asphalt. I know you are in Canada and I would no idea where to find anything up there.

Performace trade off.....

I'm running the 27" tires on my 386cc motor and I did lose some performance due to the addition weight on the drivetrain. But the tracktion, ride, better ground cleanance is far more important to me. I rarely get out of 3rd gear and speed/ "hot *******" is not my cup of tea. I prefer total utilitarian style and with the mod's that I have my bigbear is now a unstoppable tank so far. Best of all I like the new look the larger tires gave me.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

Ya ...... your bike does look pretty awsome with the larger tires...

Thanks Big Bear