Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Utility vs Sport, 31yrs old, first purchase, here's the facts.....any advice will be much appreciated!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Utility vs Sport, 31yrs old, first purchase, here's the facts.....any advice will be much appreciated!

WOW...GREAT POSTS GUYS! I wanted to throw a wrench in the plan, no offense to anyone but I really hadn't considered Kawasaki in my choices BUT I remember that my wife and I know a dealer in another neighboring state that could very possibly give me a huge deal! With that being said and assuming that this could happen, would you guys still stick with one of my 2 top choices at almost full prices (after haggling) or add the BF 750, Praire 700, or BF 650 into that line-up...I know many of you would take the BF 750 at full price over the King or Rincon (I am not considering a Polaris or an expensive Bombadier at this point) but if a GREAT deal exists through the guy my wife and I know very well then would you take a BF750 or any of the other 2 and say that the "deal" def outweighs your favorite brand or machine (if happens to be other than Kaw) and say that in today's age they are very close in competition and that a possible deal comes first????

Like I said Kaw isn't my first chioce, for me that is Honda, although they are pricey and need to upgrade the Rincon. I also like the King so far and I don't thing I could afford the new Out 800.....so those of you that don't rank Kawasaki first...would you take one if the deal was there over the others?

Old 07-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Default Utility vs Sport, 31yrs old, first purchase, here's the facts.....any advice will be much appreciated!

Heck yeah, I would jump all over it if I could get a good deal on a Brute Force.

Not to get back away from you trying to get info, but I'm confused. I realize that the Rincon and the Rubicon have different transmissions, but which one is the Hondamatic. According to this website, http://www.hapscycle.com/NewVehicles...FourTrax04.htm, they are both hondamatics.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider

Ok, In my opinion I would take the Prairie 700 or the Brute 650 over the Brute 750 anyday, even if the the Brute 650 or prarie cost more than the brute 750. The independant rear suspension on the Brute 750 is a real poor design. The Prairie 700 beat out the brute 750 in every shootout they were in together this past year. I have had allot of quads and the 700 prairie or in my case, its cloan the Susuki Twin Peaks 700 are the sportiest utes there are. IMO the P700 is the most fun to ride of all the utes on the market. Thats why even though it may not have this or that feature it is still beating all its compeditors in the magasine comparisons. There are tons of aftermearket products available for them also.

Here some figures to give you an idea of what some of the better deals are.

Brute 650 good deal range is 5500-6000
Prarie 700 good deal range is 5900-6400

Price ranges I have given are without tax, I am not sure on MO tax, but I think MO is a title state so sales tax may be unavoidable thing.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
Rubicon 500 SRA = Hondamatic Hydrolic trans (no gears) It can simulate gears and shift manualy
Rincon 650 IRS = Car type 3 speed auto (have been told its similar to the auto in a Civic)
Rubicon 500 SRA = Hondamatic

Old 07-21-2005, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

http://www.bartlesvillecyclesports.com/miscpage_001.asp

Stocks the above is a link to the dealer I use most often, Even if you would not be enterested in driving that kind of distance, I thought you could benifit from seeing what some good prices are on several brands. They have Susuki, Honda, Polaris. If you do like the Praire they have the Twin peaks which is a cloan of the prarie, just different colors. I bought both of my blue Twin peaks there. They are priced pretty good at 5999.00. They are one of the largest volume dealer for honda. They have Honda rubicons for 6000.00 and rincons for 6600. I would say I would take a Prarie/twin peaks for 5999.00 over a 500 rubicon for 5999.00. Rubi's are very nice but for the same price as a prarie 700 its a no brainer for me, I love that v-twin power, there is no substitute for the power and smoothness of a v-twin motor.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

I believe they have the KQ on sale here for 6 grand. Should have bought it. I could have bought that and had 3 grand left over after all the BS and repairs to my new Quad. I used to be brand loyal. Stay away from Polaris . Proven best ride for at least 50 miles before they fall apart. I'm thinking 2nd year Bomb 800.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

cc1999, big red, and bionic, THANK YOU! I appreciate your thoughts on the Kaw quads as to which is your favorite. For what it's worth, I know the BF 650 beat the Rincon and Grizzley in the 06/05 ATV Action. I will look at that and the Prairie and most importantly I will post what "deal" if any I can get! He owns John Deere dealerships and I am almost positive has a Kaw dealer attached. Anyway, they are very good friends of ours but I know the drive would be at least 6 hrs one way....

cc1999, also, on those prices you listed below is that on the '06's except for the Rin? I would have to think that $1,000 off the list price of a Rincon is pretty good, is that because of the anticipated arrival of the '06? or can you almost always get a good amount off if you are patient and stern with the dealers?

Old 07-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Pro Rider

I just checked my link, it seems to be working. Follow the link I posted to the dealer. It will take you to his price sheet. The prices I gave you are 2005's. I am not sure if the 2006's are out yet. On that price sheet it showes the List price his regular price and his sale prices. The prices I gave you are about a year around deal. What changes them is honda's promotional programs ie. rebates ect. I think Honda has some rebates that are reflected in his sale prices. From what I have seen over the years of dealing with them when the current year models are gone they go ahead and offer the new year models at the same sale price, but even there regular prices are allot better then most. Since you are out of state they won't charge sales tax. But that said I do not know MO tax and title rules MO may charge you if you have to title it in MO. ??? My sales guy there is named Mike.

If I had to guess, since I think I recall you said you were around the north east corner of MO the delaer I linked is in the north central part of oklahoma about 30 min. north of tulsa about 20 min. south of the kansas state line. I bet it is about 5 to 6 hours as well. Fokes come from all over the US travel there to buy Quads and Hog's at those great prices.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

i have an 04 700 prarie and i have almost 2000 miles on mine and my belt light has come on twice for inspection but i havent had to ajust it yet.
i inspect it and check the tention and thats it.
the belt light came on for the second time three days ago and i looked at it and the belt is still like new.
i use low gear most of the time and i guess its payed off because everything is still in grate shape.
all i had to do was reset the light and change the oil and im back on the trail.
and as for fun this is my 3rd quad in 3 years and i will say the 700 prarie is the most fun.
and i dont mind doing a little maintanence once in a while.
its worth the fun factor.
if you want something that you can just ride and change the oil and thats it then get the honda rubucon.
you cant beat the relyabillaty of it.
mine has over 2000 miles and all ive done is change the oil.
and theres a light that comes on and tells you when its time to do that.
the honda will last for ever but the kawi will make you smile the whole time your riding.
check out my pics and see what you think of my prarie.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey, what did you end up getting?