Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

reverse lights? Be nice for backing up at night

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reverse lights? Be nice for backing up at night

Originally posted by: kenora
"IV" I see that the Vinson was pre-wired....would that imply my 05 King Quad would be as well?....and how can I tell....thanks...I would love to have reverse lights....and while I'm asking....is the "park" light supposed to come on (low intensity light in the tail light/brake light pod, so that following ATVs can see me at night without needing to touch the brakes every once in awhile)....does that make sense?.....like a car the rear amber or red light thats always on when you have your headlights on.....thanks......I ask cause mine DOESN'T seem to have that feature...
kenora: On my Vinson, the 2 wires needed for the reverse lights were located at the upper left front corner of the rear tool compartment, sticking out of the factory wrapped wiring harness. 1 wire has positive voltage when the ignition is turned "on". The other wire is grounded when "reverse" is selected.

The dim rear light that you are refering to, is called the "running" light, and, yes, my running light is on when running. You might have a filiment burnt out in yours. (Hopefully that is all that it is.)

Old 12-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks......I'll check tomorrow

Old 12-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Any 12v 30 amp automotive relay should work for this, most places sell them as replacement units for auxillary lighting kits. They only draw a couple milliamps to operate, so wiring the trigger to the reverse LED should work fine. You'll have to spend some time with a multimeter under your dash to find the wire that triggers that LED.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:02 AM
Pro Rider

Dennis Kirk has a reverse light. I assume it comes on when you put it in reverse so it probably has instructions and everything you would need.

Old 01-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider

I just rigged up a work light for the rear rack for plowing. I ordered an $8.00 35 watt 4 1/2" round light from Northern tool. $6.00 shipping
It took about an hour and a half to mount and wire.
It doesn't draw much so i used a standard toggle switch and tapped power from the accesory port on the pod, the smaller of the two wires. You need the ignition on so i won't walk away in the day light with it left on. The ground is made through the mounting bracket.
You won't spotlight deer but it really lights up enough to see what i'm plowing.
Deerkiller

Old 01-06-2006, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: spyder6
sportsmans come with backup lights [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Sportsmans don't have backup lights they are "work lights" You need to flip a switch on the dash board to activate. But for all intents and purposes, you could turn them on while you plow and achieve the same effect.