Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??

I think its a pretty bold move to make such a challange as this. The site gives you the right to vote on the courses and obstacles that will have to be used in the challange. Who do you think will come out on top and in what catagory? If you have not seen the challange click on the Polaris "DUEL" banner Ad on the top of this site. They have even put tracking numbers on the packages so you can see that they are sent to the other CEO's

Old 10-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Trailblazer

I had an oppurtunity this weekend to ride a Polaris 800 and I have to admit it was a very plush ride. I was up in China Lake region of Maine with my cousin and his buddy who happens to own a Polaris dealership. The guy took offense to Calvin pissing on the Polaris logo on the back of my Brute. LOL... Anyway we swapped machines for 2 hours and I have to admit that the 800 was very smooth over a very bumpy trail... Especially comparing it the jarring ride of my Brute. Was a little disappointed in the power of the Polaris and my own Brute had to pull me out of 3 mudholes.... it wasn't just me either because on the return trip I had to pull him out while he was riding the Polaris. All and all it was a great machine and if I wasn't as aggressive of a rider as I tend to be, The Polaris would definitely get strong consideration, for now, I'll stay with the Brute.
As a side note I have also ridden the King Quad, The Grizz 700 and a Rincon 650 and from what I remember of those 3 the Polaris was easly a better choice than those 3.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

CEO of Jap bikes?

I could see AC maybe answering, but I don't know anything about CEOs for Jap products (do they even speak english? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

Old 10-10-2006, 12:18 AM
Trailblazer

This may not be politically collect but... ROR Raugh out Roud

Old 10-10-2006, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I went to the duel thing and clicked all the links

seen the good and bad points for all the quads, except that they didn't let it show the good and bad for the polaris bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

said my Grizz has wimpy tires and suspension, rofl I coulda told em that. who keeps stock tires?

wonder how bad it would hurt Polaris if they lost the duel to several Jap bikes? Someone on the blog said CAN-AM ceo was an awesome rider. Wonder if the Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki guys have even ridden a quad?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

I wouldn't think anyone keeps stock tires, but if you have to show up to the race with stocks and Polaris' stocks are 100 times better than yours, Polaris is gonna beat your a**

Old 10-10-2006, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know if anyone would come with the rules Polaris has made....

They secured all the video,audio, and choose their own camera people, commentary people everything is Polaris controlled.

There is just too much to risk, specially if the other CEO's are crappy riders they'd be made a laughing stock

cut and paste from rules

TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT:
All invited CEOs/Presidents must agree to comply with the following terms to participate in The Duel:
? RSVP to The Duel by 5pm EST, 10/20/06.
? Confirm your approval and acceptance of the Facts & Terms of Engagement (this Addendum), The Duel (Addendum 2), and the third-party vendor
(Addendum 3) by signing those documents and delivering them, along with a signed Participant Release, to Tom Tiller by 5pm EST, 10/20/06.
? Identify your stock MY 2006 or MY 2007 ATV model currently being sold in dealerships for use in The Duel by 5pm EST, 10/20/06. See Addendum 3 for
details.
? Pay all travel expenses (both transportation and lodging) associated with your participation, including all travel costs for any people accompanying you.
? Agree that you may be accompanied by no more than 5 people, all from your company, and that those persons may only be on the track on event day if they
wear a track pass to be handed out during check-in. All other attendees are limited to stadium seating.
? Provide your own personal wardrobe/riding gear, which is void of logos other than the company you represent. Safety gear is mandatory (helmet, goggles,
chest protector, over-the-ankle-boots, gloves and any other standard safety equipment).
? For mechanical set-up prior to and repairs during The Duel, you may bring a company technician as part of the 5 allowable track attendees. Electronic
alterations are prohibited (e.g. electronic fuel injection). Once we confirm your competition models, we will supply a list of allowable tools. This will be
provided by 11/3/06.
? Agree to waive any right to compensation for participating in this event and for appearing in any Polaris advertising about this event.
<u>? Acknowledge that your name and your company?s name and likeness may be used to the extent that you are filmed at this event by signing the enclosed
Participant Release.</u>
? Acknowledge and agree that anyone accompanying you must sign the Observer Release before they will be admitted to or permitted to observe The Duel.
<u>? Acknowledge that Polaris/McKinney have the right to use the results of this event for promotional purposes.
? Agree that Polaris has the exclusive right to record the event, and the exclusive right to any and all recorded audio or video footage of the event. Polaris
shall not be responsible for how participation in The Duel impacts competitor business.
? Polaris reserves the right to invite select dealers, press, salespeople or other attendees.
? While there will be limited seating, spectator entrance is free of charge.</u>

other rules

? ProM will ensure that ATVs are set to manufacturer recommended specifications and no modifications are made to stock models as selected by competitive
CEOs.

so yes, everyone would have to use all stocker tires/wheels

Old 10-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Range Rover

With all the restrictions on the the camera and mike, I bet you that in the end even is the CEO's dont show, they will look like they are there. Or they will say they did not want to participate, but they used their machine for the test anyway.

Old 10-10-2006, 02:07 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.

i wonder if can am is gonna bring an xt or non xt? that would be a stock tire difference.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

I can't blame polaris for wanting the rights for the video and audio. They are paying for the whole deal. The way I understand it, they are even paying for all the atv's being used. They have an independent company to do the purchase of the machines and everything. It is a utility battle. So the challanges are going to promote a utility atmosphere. I know a race is not involved but what does that have to do with utility?

Quick Reply: How bout this polaris challange to the CEO's??