Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

CVT isn't that bad, no is it...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default CVT isent that bad no is it...

the next you know is that you'll be agreeing w/ the ford guy that belts suck. ok if it would have been a 1/4 mile race it would have been a differnt story it world have run out of power where the geared 900 would still be pulling strong. i would like to see a piston port 2 stroke 650 in a atv light frame it would do good im sure. lets just leave it as you have your idears and ihave my own that way this will still be a free country lol. happy riding.

Old 11-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moto150 OK hear goes you say you can beat any atv with a belt ,I bet ai could kick your butt with my 2wd LTZ400 ,it's only a 400 same as yours ,and I only have 2wd how about it , i'll bring the camera ,you pick the trail .and see if you can loose me ,if you can't beat a 2wd with your Eiger ,then you should not post on hear any more , OH if you didn't know it my machine is a manual not an auto tranny .

OK GUYS I'M BETTING MY LTZ CAN KICK HIS BUTT IF HE DOESN'T TAKE THIS UP HE NEEDS TO BE QUIET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep dreaming hes chicken i threw that out there with my 10 year old polaris.

HES A GIRLY BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know hoyt ,just thought he might bite on a 2wd machine ,I knew he is to much of a wussy to take up a challenge .
and as for his buddies ,I never met another rider who didn't like showing off there trail system .

Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally posted by: MotoF150
You guys are brainwashed, I bet you guys never rode any gear drive ATV, in a gear drive its the rider that controls what gear he's in in a belt drive you don't know, in my Eiger I have 5 speeds with a high and low range that means I have 10 gears to select I can feel secure selecting a lower gear to climb a vertical hill or going over a 3 foot wide log. I feel safe, confident and secure in my gear drive that I have enough gear selection that I can go anywhere, you guys in ur belt drives have no faith that it will shift to the correct gear when needed, thats why ur afraid to take that steep vertical hill cause you have no control of ur machine and some of you guys wouldn't even know how to ride a gear drive machine, you may have more power and beat me in a flat out drag race on smooth level ground, but when we are riding thru hills and tight trails my gear drive Eiger will be in the lead and when that deep water or mud hole comes up I won't be afraid to run thru it, but you guys riding ur belt drives will be calling out for ur mommy to find a trail to go around and what did you pay for ur Can Am 400? What? $2000 more than a Eiger? Any gear drive will do more and go places where any belt drive can't go, the only thing that concerns you guys is how fast it can go, being the fastest don't mean it can go anywhere. My gear drive Eiger will not only out-climb and out mud ride ur 400 Can Am , it will also out-climb and and out mud ride the Can Am 800.

Dude you never should of checked yourself out early.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-01-2006, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

A message to you new guys thinking of buying ur first ATV: DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT buy ANY belt drive ATV, you will have problems with it and you will NOT be happy with it. The belt drives can be faster, quicker, more power, look better, may have a better price but they are trouble. Ask yourself if you can trust the ATV you want that it won't break down in the middle of nowhere, you can't trust a belt drive. If you want a belt drive make sure you never ride alone and without a tow rope cause one of ur riding buddies may need to tow you home. On a belt drive ATV it uses a thin rubber belt between the engine and transmission, the rubber belt expands and contracts with heat, it slipps when ur riding in a pulling or stall condition and most often it slips when it gets wet, and everytime you go thru any mud or water it will get wet, also the belt gets wet from condinsation, the moisture in the air will condence on the belt as the engine and the belt gets hot. The plastic side cover that covers the belt is vented, some have outside vents some are vented at the air cleaner housing, water can enter thru the vent then cause the belt to slip. Its up to you, its ur money and you have every right on spending it on any ATV you want. I understand I have no right to tell you what to buy or not buy, but I sleep good at night saying to myself that I told you so, or I warned you what not to buy. Thank You, Ur Trusted Good Friend,,, MotoF150

Old 12-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah that's right, You guys DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT buy a belt driven atv. This is about the only thing that this girl says anymore, and I would hate to have you get one after being warned like 15 times!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

a least im friendly to everybody, I say, "Thank You" I don't say any cuss words and at least im honest and I have good feelings, but all you guys know what to do is call me names

Old 12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Not me!

Old 12-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, THANK YOU!

Besides, the worse I said to you was not a cuss word. I told you to eat something! You should have seen the fan mail I got afterwords. I am like a celeb on here now. So, once again THANK YOU!

Quick Reply: CVT isn't that bad, no is it...