Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!

Shotgun, When I'm riding and switch to 4-wheel drive the front tires will not engage till the rear tires spin/slip 1/5 of a full rotation on the rear wheels. At that time the front wheels are locked and I experience the same feeling you discribe. I've used my 500ho to pull out small trees, and other stuff around the house. If I hook to something really stuck in the ground I will bury all four wheels. I've never seen one wheel stop spinning. You can hardly turn the handle bars when this things is pulling in all four, hard. I was wrong about the 700 though, their huds don't lock like the 500's their system is a little different. Their locking system is in the drive line not in the hubs like the 500. The one thing I like about the Polaris system is you don't have to stop and put it into 4-wheel drive. The lever ativation is still good, just not my cup of tea. I've rode with Prairies and think they are really good machines, I think if they had an IRS rear end they would be better. I prefer the IRS for my style of riding. I've seen too many straight axles get hung up but it could have been the rider not the bike.

Old 11-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

i agree, my next quad will be IRS! it's a night and day difference!

Old 11-08-2002, 02:39 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

-it had a shinny spot on the muffler. (bike is completely stock, including tires) So I "SAW" the shinny spot. Some people just need to relax. When I pointed out the shinny spot to the guy, he never flipped out at me and said "hey you're just mad cause Polaris is better than you're yammie" Relax fella's.
I didn't think anybody got too worked up, Rincon are you relaxed?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Shotgun, the article was using stock quads it was part of the ATV magazine shootout of the big-bores (March 2002). I see your point in the ATV pulls, a lighter bike with more weight up front will performer better. However I am surprised that a Sportsman will 3-wheel. Never seen it out on the trails, but that's a different environment all together. In the mud it’s almost impossible to beat a Sportsman (IMO).

Old 11-08-2002, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

I'm relaxed partner.

As for pulling, the sp700's work well with a bar welded across the rear end so that when the weight transferrs to the front of the sled the rear end doesn't squat. (when it squats the trailer hitch becomes lower) the p650's around here aren't much good at pulling they just spin side to side and don't realy go anywhere's. It's because they're too light. that's why the bomb's do well also.

i got a few secrets for the puller's (you might allready know them) have an inner tube in each tire, filled with calcium, and put the valve stems inside the tire. when they check your tires they release the air in the tire that's around the calcium filled tube. 2 have water blatters in your rear seat and fill them with water. 3 if they don't specify the hitch height then put it up a foot or more. and if you want to you can fill the frame with lead.

Old 11-10-2002, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Rinncon!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-10-2002, 08:00 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

So what are you trying to tell us? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2002, 08:11 PM
Trailblazer

Who cares! It would just be my stupid opinion anyway. Research your own riding style and where you ride and make your purchase based on your findings. Does it really matter if my bike is one atv length faster than yours in a 1000' drag race? As long as you have fun while riding is what we are really after. Or do most of you just need the peer recognition to make you feel better... mommy!

Old 11-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Trailblazer

Yeller is right about the front diffs operation. Its called visco lok(read cool locker). Its a german company. It was originally designed for automotive use. Its kinda like an electic locker. works when you need it but not when you dont. It comes on exactly when its supposed to. Mine will come on with under 1 inch of rear slippage.

Old 11-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider

Rinncon!!!!!!!!!!
What?

So what are you trying to tell us?
i see i've lost you, never mind.

Who cares! It would just be my stupid opinion anyway
i love you too.

Old 11-11-2002, 06:27 PM
TG1
Pro Rider

Rincon did you think of that yourself, or did someone help you with it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: RINCON vs 700 SPORTMAN!!!!!