Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

hatfield mccoy

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hatfield mccoy

I am planning a trip to the hatfield mccoy trails in the next few weeks. I am going with a
brother and my father who is still pretty new to the sport. My father is riding a 01 trailboss and my brother and I both have sportsmans. I am wondering which trails people believe to
be the most enjoyable and scenic with terain for all different expirience levels.

Thanks in advance....

Old 07-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default hatfield mccoy

I'd say that most any are acceptable for you. Each trail head has trails of different degrees of difficulty. You will get a trail map and see the different colors that distinguish the dificulty.
My opinion is that your crew will not have a problem.
Of the trails that we rode, my personall favorite was the new trailhead.I forgot the name,but it's the one to the North
Have a great time! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default hatfield mccoy

Thanks for the reply, I am really looking forward to the trip. I'm sure they all are great trails, I know there are alot of people who probably frequent the trails often and was just curious about there favorites and why.

Thanks again any information is greatly appreciated..

Old 07-19-2003, 11:49 PM
Range Rover
Default hatfield mccoy

We ride down there quite a bit. Waterways is the trail up north by Charleston. Bear Wallow is by Logan, Rockhouse is by Man, and Buffalo Mtn. is by Matewan. They all have gorgeous scenery - Waterways is the easiest of the four. Rockhouse and Bear Wallow are close in how difficult the trails are. I think that Buffalo Mtn. is the most challenging one. (but make no mistake - they ALL have challenging parts) When you go down, make sure to have a RECENT map - the trails change all the time. Stop by the Ranger station- talk to the Rangers, they will let you know of any trails that you might want to aviod, or let you know what trails would be good for you to take novice riders on etc. They're always very helpful. Stick to the green trails till you have a "feel" for the place. BTW -green doesn't mean it is easy, it means it is the easiest one they have for that system. I have been riding for a little over a year, and I have ridden just about all of the green and lots of the blue trails. I won't even look at the black ones - we've seen quads totalled on black trails EVERYTIME we have been there. We have some pics posted on another site, and there is a complete section on H/M there. I can't post it- they will delete it if I do. If you're interested, pm me and I will give you the info. You will have a blast, guaranteed!! (Mrs. Q)

Old 07-20-2003, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default hatfield mccoy

HOSportsman..........check your private messages.