Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

living in the newport news with nowhere to ride also. just repaired my quad after a nasty flip/fractured sternum up in northern VA. ready to jam again asap!

Old 11-24-2003, 11:57 PM
Range Rover

Yea sat night right when we got there they were getting ready to take that guy away that hit the wall. didnt hear anything bout air lift unless they did it after they drove from the track. I still get kinda freaked out seeing people run the knobby class it brings back the worst memory of my days riding my 400. it is a cool class because there isnt a ton of money there but safty wise it isnt too smart. I will talk to Sarah about Sat. we should be able to make it. I will PM you when I know for sure. Man have you ever flipped your Z hard enough to take off the fender cover with the head light in it. a 400 in the knobby class got really loose and took out a KFX400 and when it flipped it looked like it exploded, plastic went flying everywhere. I think it all got put back on though because when we went walkin through the pits we saw them trying to peace it back.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Range Rover

Man if you are in NC you are probably only 4-5 hours from Hatfield-McCoy Trails. www.trailsheaven.com

Old 11-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Trailblazer

I used to ride at a place behind Mt. Vernon Elementary. It is in the tabb area. I have not been back there in years. I am going to scout it out. I remember going back on a friends dirt bike and it was great hills, sand and steep tree runs. I don't know that we are even supposed to be back there, but nobody cared before. It is under powerlines and backs up to a marsh land area. I will check it out this weekend and see what the deal is and get back later. I have lived in NN for years, but have not ridden and ATV in years, so most of the places we used to ride are now developed. If anyone has more info on local spots please give a shout out.

Old 11-25-2003, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

hey onfour,
I have 3 places I ride, one is a atv club in surry, va (OTC), but you do have to be a member, 2nd place is south hill, va (RADD), and the 3rd place is powers lines in chester, va.. (that is free).. a few of us are gonna try to go to south hill this weekend.. this place has a MX track and trails for riding.. if interested let me know.

Old 11-25-2003, 11:04 AM
Trailblazer

That sounds great, unfortunately I don't have my ATV yet, I am picking it up in 2 weeks. I am just stoked about riding again and wanted to find out where things were located so when I do get it I am ready to roll. You guys are great, and I can't wait to do some riding hopefully with some of you. I am checking out some locations that may be good and if I find anything that has not been mentioned I will let you guys know. When I pick up my ATV I will try to find out more on this Isle of Wight place, the guy's details were a little sketchy, it was third party info.

Old 11-25-2003, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

4-wheeling chick, where is south hill? if comming from the outer banks how far do you think it is? I would like to go if yall are going saterday
I am finally getting my 4-wheeler back this week, im so stoked!

Old 11-25-2003, 08:12 PM
Range Rover

rancor,
omg.. u are asking the wrong person for direction..lol I am so bad.. all I know is the place is off Route 58.. and I also know that I go 85south to get there and get off at exit 12b.. sorry that is all I can tell you...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

is there any good places to ride near richmond??

Old 11-25-2003, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bootboss,

well there is one place I went to on sunday and I had a blast.. its actually in Chester, Va.. it looks like you are from Maine.. how come you wanna know about richmond?

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE