Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

When I spoke to the guys at Casey, they told me there are trails leading from Williamsburg (Busch Gardens) to the James River Bridge..... does anyone have the specifics???

Someone else told me that if you get off at the exit (Busch Gardens) you turn right instead of going toward the front gates and the trailhead is on the right.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:47 PM
Trailblazer

Hey smoovlatino,

Is the trailhead past Busch Gardens?

Old 12-01-2003, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

I've never actually been there, but a friend told me to take the Busch Gardens Exit.... from there, he told me to hang a right instead of going straight to the gate.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Trailblazer

Maybe I will check it out this weekend. We are supposed to get some rain, so it should be good an muddy. Let me know if you find out anymore specifics on the place. I am looking at Sunday if you are interested.

Old 12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Range Rover

ECMX was a blast. Durabluz (Dave) rode very well. There was a good turn out there i recomend everyone go out and watch sometime. Did anyone else make it out there i looked for the red dodge but did not see it. Hey Dave when's the next race?

Old 12-01-2003, 08:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hope all had a good T-day. Someone asked about Dam neck. No good there its all posted and cops patrol area. If you live in va beach or near, a good place to ride is behind the sports plex on princes anne. I went there Sunday and it was great. There were about six quads out there and we all had a great time. I think its city owned. I asked if cops ever kicked people out they all said no. Plus its about 1/4 mile off the rode so nobody can see ya. It is a good place to go wide oped and also to teach young people how to ride, there are also trails but I did not look at them close. Looks like 4x4 country to me.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

hey cujo,

so where is the sport complex.. sorry not from that area.. I would like to go an check the place out.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds pretty good... how to you get there once on Pricess Anne?

Old 12-02-2003, 09:09 AM
Trailblazer

From I-64 take I-264 east, take the first Independence Blvd. Exit - Exit 17A, Stay to the far right (Mount Trashmore will be on your left) and veer right onto S. Independence Blvd. Stay on S. Independence Blvd. for approximately 2-3 miles, going through 6 traffic lights, At the 7th light (S. Independence Blvd. and Princess Anne Road) make a left onto Princess Anne Road, Go approximately 1 mile until you come to a light on Princess Anne and Dam Neck Road turn right on Dam Neck Road then left onto Landstown Road. The entrance to the Sportsplex will be the first left turn.

I am not sure if these are the correct directions to get there? I am assuming this is the place. Please correct me if I am wrong if not. I will have to check this place out.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

Our next race is on Jan 3rd and 4th I believe. I wouldn't say that I rode very well! LOL Maybe next time I won't crash during both moto's!

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE