Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 05:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Hey did anyone go to the sportsplex. I couldn't make it have a bit of the flu I thinks. If ya went, what did ya think?

Old 12-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

yea did anyone fail to notice that there are "NO TRESSPASSING" signs wrapped all around that place? Including the one at the front entrance lying on the ground.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Trailblazer

i went out to the sportsplex spot today around noon just to check it out......... i didnt see a no trespassing sing at the entrance. ..........anyway it looks like a nice place to ride ........

Old 12-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Range Rover

oh my goodness, should have known the place wasn't gonna be legal... I didn't get there my self today but glad to know its not legal..

Old 12-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

Yes it is a 4x4, I love it. I just took it out around the house this weekend to get used to it. I have some woods behind my house nothing great, but good for learning and getting used to it. I was hoping the sportsplex would not have the dreaded no trespassing signs. I will have to consider other alternatives. (South Hill or Surry). I know of another place, but would have no idea where you could park. Across from that Wet and wild park, the one with the gorilla out front. On the right hand side of the road just past that is a trailhead, not sure what is back there. A friend and I think they used it for Hummers to train, there are no signs anywhere, but parking would be a problem, but the place looks crazy muddy.

Old 12-08-2003, 09:00 AM
Range Rover

hey on4...

I dunno if you read some of the messages, but I went to an ATV club meeting last nite and this club is doing just that... looking for places to ride as well, you should go to the website and check it out.. I was so stoked when I found out about this club... anyways let me know if you go to the site what you think...

the site address again is...

www.atv-va.com

Old 12-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Trailblazer

4wheelingchic,

If you could give me some info on South Hill or Surry, could you throw it my way?

Thanx

Onfourweelz

Old 12-08-2003, 09:05 AM
Trailblazer

I did check the site out, very promising about the land they want to purchase. It sounds like they are trying to grow the sport, but legally. Thanks for the link.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

I am not sure how legal the place by Ocean breeze is. I know alot of people that go there with thier trucks i have seen full size trucks on 44's get stuck in the entrance making them look like they were cars. so it might get tricky. I dont know if you have ever been down it but it is basicly a straight shot after that mud I think it gets better. Parking might be a problem as you stated. I also heard that it was a hummer testing grounds. also at the back entrance on the road before you get to ocean breeze off birdneck going towards general booth i belive there are signs about it being govt property. if so it probly isnt cool to go there.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Trailblazer

I heard the same thing about trucks. You are probably right about the government thing if used to be a testing area for Hummers.
Thanks for the additional info. It does look very tricky at the mouth of the entrance, deep trenches and ruts. Any suggestions for the weekend??

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE