Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE

The place off of birdneck is not a good suggestion. Cops are always on the lookout for people being in there. There was a wire rope across th entrance for a while, but it looks like someone cut it down. I wouldn't suggest going in there.

Old 12-08-2003, 07:25 PM
Range Rover

Hey on4,

I can give you the phone number of the guys that own the place in surry its called "all out sports" 757-825-0067. and the place that owns the land in south hill is, riders.. no sure of the phone #.. if I get it I will let u know.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:28 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the phone number I will be on the lookout for the South Hill number if you can get it. I go to a safety class on Saturday in Gloucester, hopefully I will meet some people and learn of some other places to ride. I met a guy yesterday that is from Mathews and said he and some friends were going riding in Mathews (sandspit). He was going to ask if I could ride with them. If I learn of any new places I will pass the info on to you guys.

400 Rancher AT 4x4

Old 12-09-2003, 10:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

what about the place out by Busch Gardens >? anyone heard anything else out about that? If not i might go check it out this weekend. dave said right, i wouldnt recommend going out there to the place off birdneck. I went out there one before, and lets just say i wont be going back. But for the one's who dare to try, the best place to park at without being seen is behind the large bushes on the right hand side of the road of the street that goes down the side of the storage units. Behind the storage units there is a path to it, once your back there your pretty safe. " Ride at your own risk ".

Old 12-09-2003, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

If all else fails Military Hwy seems safe for the time being. always good trail riding there. the last time i was there people were parking up inside the big entrance to the trail on the right hand side of the road before you get to the fenced gate.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer

military highway is always great .... i had a blast out there weekend before last... and yes we park in the woods nobody ever bothers us people come and go all day long... its even more fun i you have a 4x4...

Dirtrider 78 what do you ride i have probly seen you out there

Old 12-10-2003, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

ok call me party pooper...

the fun at military hwy won't last... I say this cause if you dunno who the land owner is and don't have promission u will be chased away...

Old 12-10-2003, 08:48 AM
Trailblazer

I am not sure about the Busch Gardens place. Someone else said something about it. I do know this Williamsburg is growing by leaps and bounds there has been a lot of construction work out that way, so I don't know if the person who knew about the place has been back there lately. If Sunday falls through in Gloucester, then I may try military hwy. I have 4x4 so that sounds like a place to use it. Ultimately, I will sign up with Surry and South Hill if I can get the info on it, just because they are available always and the other places with be in between places.

Old 12-10-2003, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

Hey onfour,

ok got the info for south hill... the company is called Rider's, Inc. phone 434-447-6434.. youc an call them.. I already gave you the number for surry.. I can tell you the cost of surry is $300 a year.. for south hill its $125. anyways let me know when and if you join ok..

Old 12-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you very much for the information, I most definately will let you know when I do join. It will be soon :-) Got to get the funds together.
Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Where to ride South Eastern Virginia/ North Eastern NC??PLEASE