Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 10:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Thanks for the info.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:43 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

I know most of you are not in the Lake Charles area, but I will start this here anyway. I am going to attempt to put together an OHV club that would meet in the Lake Charles area. The main focus will be to protect & enhance riding in the Camp Claiborne area. I am not yet convinced that joining the SLTrailblazers is the best solution for me. this not a knock on them as I know very little about their organization except that it seems to be very busy with the spillway. I have contacted their president for more info on this. My goal would be to work with other users of the trail system to benefit all of us. Power in numbers ya know. Anyway anyone that would be interested in joining or working with us contact me.

Scott
scott.granger@levingston.com

Old 03-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

Scott:

As an executive board member of the trailblazers, I welcome your desire to help do something for your riding area. That is exactly what needs to happen! Your correct, the trailblazers are busy with the spillway, and that is probably the only area we will ever really get 100% involved with. We do however try to encourage and help others to organize and basically adopt a riding area and take charge of maintaining it in cooperation with the local governing body.

The more options and choices other riders have, the better for everyone. The trailblazers cannot police and watchdog all of louisiana, BUT we can help others to start their own watchdog groups.

I personally would like to see an over-all regional body all of the smaller clubs and groups can use as an umbrella name. Have a common website that pools all of the clubs and riding areas and resources, and just over-all make ourselves look bigger and badder to those who want to limit our riding.

There is what is called NOHVC (National Off Highway Vehicle Council) and they have helped us in the past. There is also LORVA (Louisiana Off Road Vehicle Association) but the LORVA website is WAY DATED and for all intents dead in my book. If we can resurrect LORVA into a major headpiece and group all the local LA state clubs under that name we could really steamroll governmental redtape and put some serious pressure on anti-ATV rules.

One or two people begging a ranger to let us keep a riding area open isnt going to work, but a mass mailing of several hundred riders all hammering the governmental body in charge WILL open up riding. The trick is to just keep everyone informed, and involved.

Lastly, we are here to ride, not battle city hall, so you have to make the club/organization worth being a part of.

Let the trailblazers know if you need a hand with anything, rough draft rules/regs, webpage, government officials, etc etc

Old 03-10-2004, 11:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anybody know if area 2 in the spillway is drying out with all the sun we have been getting? We are thinking about going out there this weekend so I was curious.

Old 03-10-2004, 11:32 PM
Trailblazer

well, its not as bad as it HAS BEEN, but its still fairly muddy. ESPECIALLY out back along the pipeline. THat was sunday. If you decide you want to ride, the Trailblazers are having their NIGHTRIDE saturday. Be in the parking lot and ready to ride at 5pm!

I will not be there tho. Im riding my quad down bourbon street that night for the St Josephs day parade [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

That was quick....thanks for the update...I guess fairly muddy is better than total slop a week later and it should be a little drier. We will probably out there about 10 am. I will definitly take a raincheck on the night ride though. Have fun on the bourbon ride that should be fun as well as interesting.

Old 03-11-2004, 10:05 AM
CSG
Trailblazer

thanks, Ford_Forgtton. If I am able to get enough people interested to put something together then I will definetly be able to use some help from ya.

Old 03-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Trailblazer

This hasnt been to the top in awhile: Time for a bump [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Anyone going to the Morganza ATV Jamboree April 17th?

Trailblazers will be there!

http://www.forgotton.net/lstaregform.pdf is the link to the registration form. REGISTRATION FORM

Old 03-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

I am going to try to make it to that!.......Where exactly is this place?

Old 03-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Trailblazer

This is all I have:

2nd Annual ATV Jamboree
Date: April 17,2004
Time: 08:00am
Place: Cannon road Morganza, La.
Registration amount: $40.00
Date due: March 29, 2004
An application is attached for you to complete and mail back with your payments.
More events and more prizes.
WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!!
Please feel free to e-mail back any questions

Patrick Auzenne
Chairman
lstajam@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!