Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

your friend will love the 450R. it's a great bike. i was in the spillway this past weekend and was running against my cousins new raptor and it stayed right with him. I felt like i could have passed him several times (especially on the track) but there was alot of people and they werent watching where they were going, so i had to slow it down. if the raptor is faster overall, so be it- but it has like 210 more cc's and if it is faster - it isnt that much faster. pretty impressive for a 450 IMO.

1st is a little tall for tight trails but not unbearable - in dunes you wont even notice it. suspension is great and saved my butt a couple of times!

Old 03-06-2004, 03:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Neither of the blue raptors are mine. There part of our riding group thou. There very fast.

Old 03-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi Everyone......I have lived in Louisiana all my life.....I live in Baton Rouge now, and work in Norco, La........I hunt in the Achafalya spillway.......Some friends and I like to go to Camp Claiborne (woodworth) and ride 4-wheelers (utility).....I've heard of going riding there in Norco, but I was told that helmets are required is this true???? Also, I've heard of a trail near Fort Polk..... I was hoping someone could tell me a little bit about either or both places and if there is anywhere else that I could ride?? You can view the pictures of the last time we went to Camp Claiborne........ http://members.***.net/brianriddle/6703.htm

Old 03-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Welcome to the forums. I cant help you with info. on these two places but there are several of our members from around the state, Im sure one of them can help.

Old 03-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Trailblazer

Knuckle62: Yes you can ride at the spillway. Yes helmets are required. Check out www.sltrailblazers.org for lots of pics and info about riding at the spillway. we are the ones who take care of things out there.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 PM
CSG
Trailblazer

Hey Ford_forgotton, what is the scoop on that ATV jamboree? what type of event is it?

Old 03-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer

Im not 100% sure. Its a fundraiser for Troop-A (police?) and should consist of various obstacle and challenge stuff, mud bogs, etc etc. There is a flyer on the trailblazers forums under events and activities.

Old 03-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

i am not sure what it is but i can tell you that it is close enought that i will be theere for sure already printed out the registration form for it!

Old 03-08-2004, 06:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Can someone give me the info. about the sand riding area in Miss. have a couple of people asking about it.

Old 03-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Trailblazer

Get on Wire Road in Perkinston MS and head west for about 6 miles until you reach Dimond Grady road. Its a dirt road that goes in about 1/4 mile and then T's off. Take the left and your in the dunes.

HOWEVER, do not ride on the LEFT HAND side of the road as you approach the parking area, only ride to the right, and straight ahead of the road. Different owner! He dont like ppl on his land.

Bad News, the place has been confirmed sold to a project in bay st louis that plans to remove the sand. Once equipment goes in and the gates go UP, we are OUT!

If you meet anyone that claims to be the owner, or one of his relatives, BE GRATIOUS as they can easily just call the cops if your being an a$$. It is technically private property with no permission to ride.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!