Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Originally posted by: KFXCarnage
LoL From looking at those pic's from this club http://www.climbatv.com/ I would need a swamp buggy to compete.Don't think I wana put my new KFX in that much mud and water.I would get owned.
puhlease... a sport bike can do just fine in the mud http://65.121.190.196/video/raptorswim.wmv (<--------right click, save as)

if nothing else, they can point you in the right directions. Like I said, when I was up there, most everyone had ut's, not many sport bikes.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:26 AM
Range Rover

Kraw, you are right, all you need is a good runnin start..
If any of you went to the Bryce Leblanc benefit put on at Morganza, you saw me in the mud on the Vforce... yep 6th place out of about 100 quads.. Im still cleanin my radiator and my sunglasses are ruined forever, but I did ok.. lol

Old 12-09-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider

Kewl film Kraw.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: KFXCarnage
Kewl film Kraw.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thank you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I missed my chance to film his wife rolling his Grizzly over at the barrel races this past weekend tho [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] DOnt worry, slow motion roll, nothing hurt but pride.

Old 12-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

Shane: Your points are well made, but I am not sure taking over the world and setting or raising fees is the right approach either. I have truly enjoyed the free rides at Camp Claiborne, Bonne Carre, Wolf Penn Gap (AR) and most recently Red Dirt. I definitely agree we need to get a handle on the people who trash the sport by littering and what have you at Camp Claiborne. I would suggest we start the old fashioned way - offer money/rewards for people to clean up. I would suggest we do like the fishermen do and have a rodeo. Instead of giving out prize money for the biggest, the most, or the ugliest fish, why not give out rewards for the most trash brought in from the trails. If you need sponsors, look to the companies whose names are on the water bottles and beer cans that litter the trails. I figure we can either post their names as: 1) "the company that did the most to $ponsor the cleanup rodeo", or 2) we can state how much of their product was recovered from the trail in the form of litter, and throw in a couple of good pictures of their trash to go along with the story. I know which list I would want to be in if I was the maker of all those beer cans and water bottles. I would want to be in the good guy list.

Sometimes you need only introduce the consciousness to get the ATVing public into the mood for policing itself.

I personally don't want to have the sport ruined by a bunch of enforcement people who may start enforcing unecessary rules just because they can. I would rather meet you in the middle by having the riders police themselves by acting responsibly as a means of protecting our right to ride.

By the way, when we rode at Red Dirt this past weekend, there were only 8 other ATVs on the trail besides my buddy and I.

Harley

Old 12-09-2003, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

First, Harley, BELIEVE me, I have enough of the world forced upon me everyday at work, that I dont want to take over another inch of it. I started this thread to try to figure out, and take suggestions on what we could do as users, and taxpayers to encourage the State to open NEW riding areas.
That said:
Have you ever camped at the Claiborne Campsite on a busy weekend? Ill take "enforcement people" over THAT scene any day.
Tough to ride all day long, and then not be able to sleep all night because of people playing music ridiculously loud or doing donuts in the campground at 3 am. How bout not being able to bring your family, because of fear that somebody is gonna ride through the campground and run over one of your kids or your wife..
My wife was hit on her Wolverine by a drunk on a YZ. Broad Daylight over by the pit. Her bike WAS new when that happened. Ill be glad to show you the white bruises all over that Yamaha blue plastic. She was only slightly hurt, but he crushed all the bones in his hand. His friends managed to get him whisked away before I could get his information, or get any "enforcement people" out there. Yep a ticket sucks, but this is not an adult only sport for fraternity house escapees. There are people that bring their families to participate, and whether or not you agree, an orderly, family friendly air about it, is the ONLY way we will get cooperation for FREE areas to ride on public lands. When the Mardi Gras atmosphere, and the people who tolerate and participate in it finally run the families away, then all that is left is the rotten apples.
Nobody wants fees. However, I would be willing to pay a fee to have water and electrical hookups at the Claiborne Campsite. I would be willing to pay a fee to to have periodic patrols in the Campground. I would be willing to pay fees there if the Federal Government would spend it back on improving the trails and the campground. I would say we are all getting exactly what we are paying for at Claiborne.
I would be willing to participate in a "work day" to make the place better, but until they establish a reliable way of even knowing if the place is open, I wont take a chance on a wasted 2 hour each way trip with 10000 pounds of camper and bikes. They cant even keep the website current on whether or not the gate will be locked when you get there.
They have only very limited resources to run Claiborne, and I was and am, simply looking for alternatives.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 04:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Badittude you have hooked up with a good group of good people our club hasn't hooked up with them yet but they gave us some info that helped us with our Website. we formed a club back in july because they started shutting down our riding areas and let me tell you the only way you can deal with the goverment is in numbers. We have got our name out their and on their list and let the Forest Service know that we will help maintain the trails and do anything we can to keep them open. WEare South Mississippi ATV Assocation check out our web site www.southmississippiatva.com

Old 12-12-2003, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to Enduro a few weeks back. Good place to ride, there are no mud pits, just a sand trail through the woods. The campground over there is nice. They had several 5th wheel trailers there but they were using portable generators so I guess they don't have hookups. There are restrooms but no running water.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:45 PM
Range Rover

i'm getting my new bike today after work ( yfz450 ) so i'm ready to ride

Old 12-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Trailblazer

red creek. tomorrowing morning. Im riding a banshee, Kraw is riding his raptor, and im sure your 450 will be just fine.

meeting at the cracker barrel in Slidell right off I-10 and leaving at 07:30am sharp!

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!