Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 03:18 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Big DS, I will get with my buddy in the morning at work, he ought to be up for it. We might haul an extra trailer up to haul the bikes to Claiborne for a little trail riding too. I will let you know once we finalize some plans, and maybe we can circle the wagons for a campfire on Sat night.

Old 12-08-2003, 03:27 AM
Pro Rider

What dunes are yall talking about and were?

Old 12-08-2003, 03:42 AM
Range Rover

The Dunes are located in Forest Hill Louisiana, about 30 miles south of Alexandria. Is about 4-500 acres of rolling sand hills.. can be rough at times, but you will occassionally see some good races.. you would have a blast on your 400.

The campground is pretty nice and they have showers and a snackbar. 15 bucks for the first day, 10 bucks for the second day, they may have gone up a bit since I last went..

search for "the dunes louisiana" on google.. you should find the website

Old 12-08-2003, 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Kewl man thanx for the info.I think those are the dunes my friend has been telling me about.We will probably go next weekend then.
Look out for a orange kfx400 and a Honda cr250 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Trailblazer

The Dunes Inc. aka LA Dunes.

the website is www.thedunesinc.com

Also, be careful with claiborne, they have been closing it lately due to water in the trails. Their website and phone number SUCKS for getting info. We had some guys drive up two weeks ago and it was closed, even tho they called the hotline and checked the web.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Pro Rider

Can't ride at night no more! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Anyways looks like a very kewl place to ride.Thanx for the link Ford_Forgotton.I just might have found my 2nd home.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'll be there next Saturday morning.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: KFXCarnage
Can't ride at night no more! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Anyways looks like a very kewl place to ride.Thanx for the link Ford_Forgotton.I just might have found my 2nd home.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'll be there next Saturday morning.
That "no riding at night" thing is just a technicality. You ride till about 10pm, and your allowed back out at 4am. Since it gets dark around 5:00, thats 5 hours of riding in the dark still [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Has to do with the insurance crap they deal with. I think the place is overpriced, but then Im used to riding on dunes 20 times larger, where you camp IN the dunes, and its all free.

Old 12-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

hey carnage, check out www.climbatv.com They are a club in you area. They are mostly 4x4's though

When I lived in Swartz, me and my buds would ride in some part of the Ouachita Reserve by Marion. We would ride these trails all the way to the river. Good times [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Check my site for new pics from this weekend, the ESPN Super Retriever Series and a few pics from the family day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Thanx for the link Kraw.I'm at work now so I will have to look at it latter tonight.

Till 10:30pm at night isn't that bad.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider

LoL From looking at those pic's from this club http://www.climbatv.com/ I would need a swamp buggy to compete.
Don't think I wana put my new KFX in that much mud and water.I would get owned.

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!