Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

cool.. what kind do you recommend? I read up on brinks, seems ok, doesn't really come with much. Do you have to pay for monitoring on all systmes? 27.99 a month seems steep.

I'm def goign to do all this after we buy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Any advice is welcome

Old 01-28-2004, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

Nope. Dont pay 28 bucks.. I use a company that "may" be just local to Baton Rouge, but I'm not sure.. There is too much competition out there for you to pay that.. you need to check a few things, though.

1. make damn sure the "monitoring center" is local to you.. do not use any company that has to receive your alarm in Colorado or somewhere then call your local pd back to dispatch them.. too often you can have trouble on long distance lines, then nobody gets called to respond to your alarm.

2. If you have one motion detector or 50 the monthly bill should be the same.

3. Make them install the F*&%ing loudest horn they have right above your bikes INSIDE an eave vent. Alot of installers tend to install the horn inside, where the only function it will serve is to disorient you in the middle of the night if it gets tripped by a cat or something. You want that racket pointed outside where it will scare the bad guys and alert your neighbors.

4. I expect you to be able to find a local company in the N.O. area that will set you up for about 2-4 hundred dollars for the initial install and 21.99-24.99 a month. Do not be afraid to price shop and tell them that you have "a friend in law enforcement who said to call your company" (I am your friend if they ask)... Dont hesitate to request a salesman come out, give you an estimate, and if he doesnt give you a great deal, then take his card, and tell him that you have several other quotes to get and you will get back to him.. he will likely make a phone call and offer you a cheaper price.

5. You can save some money on the install if you have several motion alarms installed throughout the house instead of window contacts. The window contacts are expensive and difficult to install. I would have motion in the hall, one pointed at your entertainment center, and try to get it to cover the front door, and one pointed at whatever area of the house you have your guns, like your master closet. You will still need to get the carport and back doors on contacts, because they will need to be on a delay to give you a chance to turn the alarm off.

6. If they can do it for in the 75-95 range, have them put a second panel in your bedroom. The alarm wont work if you dont set it, and the panels have small speakers in them to alert you if the alarm is tripped. By having a second panel in your bedroom, you can see what is up with a glance from bed, and also be much more likely to set it before you go to sleep. Also is a big comfort for your wife if you are working all night, because most panels have a panic button on them if she ever needs it.

7. Once your system is installed, have the installer show you how to use the "chime" function. That way, if you are sitting in your house watching tv or whatever, if someone violates an outdoor motion or unplugs your alarm wire on your bikes, BEFORE you set your alarm, you will know.. We use it to keep up with kids going in an out of the house.

I use CUSTOM security out of Baton Rouge, they are awesome, and are 24.99 a month. I dont know if they work in N.O. but it might be worth checking. They have fantastic installers who understand how to protect you and your stuff.
225 927 5535 is their number.

I am making up a electronic flyer and emailing it to our substations with the photo, description and vin of you bike.. I will email you a copy of it once Im done and you should email it to EVERYBODY you can think of including the local cops in N.O.

Let me know if you need anything else. Maybe you need to make the ride with us to Ft. Polk, might help take your mind off all this.

Shane.

Old 01-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Kraw

btw, 2002 Grizzly 10/20/10, comp w/ 500 deduct is 147 a year from that atv-line.net [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
OUCH, I just called. they want 210 for the banshee and 154 for the bigbear. So much for multi bike discounts. 364 a year is what I pay for my HOUSE insurance!! granted its not as bad as the 3000 a year i pay for 2 vehicles. I hate this state! buncha fraudulent crook insurance companies. I found out they have "special" agents that deal with louisiana. Not all insurance ppl can give quotes for this state becuase of its "problems".

sigh.... 4 more years.... then i get to go home.

Old 01-29-2004, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

Weres everybody going this weekend?

Old 01-29-2004, 09:22 AM
Range Rover

kfx, THIS weekend, I am going to see how much meat I can fit on my barbeque pit, and start getting the camper fuel up, and stocked up for Ft. Polk on the weekend of the 6th. Bunch of us going then.

PS SuperBowl this Sunday too!

Old 01-29-2004, 10:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Like Bad, Im going to pile as much dead cow as I can onto my plate Sunday. I have my Grandmothers birthday Saturday so I wont be able to go riding.

Old 01-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to Natchez Miss. to ride with a group of guys on Sat. and Sun. the La Dunes.

Anybody have one of these contraptions:

atv/motorcycle alarm

I'm thinking about getting one for my atv.

Old 01-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

the wife and I will be at the spillway on saturday, with the club. We are having a work day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks for all the tips Badittude!

Old 01-31-2004, 05:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Shane, I was reading all through yalls forum here when I came across your name. I live right around the corner from you and went to school with your brother. I'm still working for BRPD so far in my 12th year. Look I see the direction yall are going with land usage and I'm in total agreement with what you and the others are trying to get going for places to ride. I have several friends that would be very interested in joining up due to the fact there isn't anywhere to ride around here. I've been to Kevin Windhams place in MS but it is shot now. I have no interest in LA Dunes anymore due to it is far from being family oriented. More like booze/narcotic/over run oriented. I have been looking all over for somewhere to ride other than the Comite sand bars. I am willing to do what I can to help out. I have some family in Pineville/Alexandria area who might be able to give me some contacts. I have heard more than once here in LA that people are scared to lease their land due to liability. Even though you sign a form stating you don't hold the land owner liable if you are hurt, it won't hold up in courts here. I've ridden in different places in MS, ARK that the form you would sign does relieve the land owner from any liability. Correct me if I was told wrong but you can find places all over than this state to ride without that problem. It's kinda strange that it isn't hard to lease land for hunting but not for recreational purposes. Also I wanted to say that I get calls all the time since I'm in uniform patrol, concerning quads riding in neighborhood streets. I just tell them to go home. I have tried running the license sticker on quads through Wildlife and Fisheries and they have no idea how to look it up and also the straight hours I work the W/F Office is closed. Go figure. Anyway, this is Gene Raffety if you don't remember I hung out with the Richards. I'll stay in touch and check back here. Maybe I can hook up with yall on a ride one day. I can't stand just walking outside and seeing my quads sitting there and not be able to ride. One of yalls Deputies who I am friends with bought him a quad in 02, road it about 5 times and it has been sitting covered in my back yard ever since. It hasn't been moved in months. Like everyone has said and I agree there is no where to ride. Later Gene

Old 01-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'm so sick of the cold and rain and getting dark at 5.I work all week ride the weekends and its dark when I get home.My atv sits up dirty all week then the weekend comes then it decides to rain all weekend then Monday its 65 and sunny and I'm at work.:S

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!