Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 09:53 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!

Hey Gene, Windams is either open, or "about to reopen". I have been to Claiborne, the Spillway, RedCreek (not bad), nice new cabin there that will sleep 10, and the Dunes.
We have a big trip planned Friday. I have a detail until about 1445hrs Friday, and then we are going to Ft. Polk (Enduro Trails). I have never been, but hear its very nice and similar to claiborne. Would probably be great for a 'shee because the trails look pretty fast. You are welcome to come along. I wont be able to jam another quad in my camper, but at least you would have a warm clean spot to roll out your sleeping bag, and you wouldnt have to crap in the woods.
Send me an email at shaneevans1@***.net with your cell number and we will get together. I am all about family oriented, as I have FOUR boys and three of them ride. The youngest is just getting his drunk man walk down pat, but I am sure he will be rolling in about 2 years. My wife likes to go too, if the campground is nice.. The commotion at the Dunes had gotten to the point where I was afraid I was going to lose my job, so I quit going. I love the sand, but not enough to have to fight some drunk because they are wired enough to be drag racing through the campground at 4 a.m.
We go to the smith compound alot during the summer. I am sure you know David, Davin and Resa. We go there and lay in the river during the summer when we are supposed to be working. You are gonna have to make some of those runs too. SAND + Banshee = Good. Anyway, stay in touch, and if you want to go next weekend, let me know. The wife wont be making this trip. She waits until I come back with a review before she risks a trip in the wild.
S.

Old 01-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

Oh, a good buddy of mine has a M I N T KFX400 in GREEN that he is wanting to sell for 5k. It has maybe 3 hours on it. He decided he wants a utility and has his eyes on a Grizz. If anyone is looking for a deal, he is basically looking for somebody to take up the notes at the credit union or just pay it off.
post here if you need info.

ps, still has nipples all over the tires. The owner was a smoker, but that doesnt matter on a quad does it?

Old 01-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Range Rover

Oh, and Gene, I found out that you can get reasonable insurance for say 200 acres for PRIVATE club use. You apply for the insurance as a hunting club that uses atvs as well. Its about 2000 dollars for a 1.5 to 2 million dollar policy for 200 acres. It was not easy to find, but its out there. Ironically the only thing that this particular insurance company was really worried about was boat usage on the river adjacent to the property. When I told them the Comite river there was 1.5 ft deep, they were cool with it.
This all comes from research I did on some property I was working on last year. (I chronicled that hunt earlier in this thread).
I am still looking for 2-500 acres that my "colleagues"and a few select normal people can lease to hunt in the winter and recreate in the summer somewhere along the Comite river. The only thing I have alot of is time and taxpayer gas, so Ill keep looking and knocking on doors.
Hit me on my email and give me yours and well talk.
JUSTIN?? what you gonna do this weekend.. havent seen where you posted if you wanna make the trip.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Range Rover

i'm makin the trip!!!!! A friend that works with me is goin and and another one of our friends is goin, along with my cousin. Us four are meeting up with about four other people here in town and heading up there friday afternoon.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:38 AM
Range Rover

Cool, we will be pulling out about 330pm. I will be pulling the Ark behind me so yall will probably make alot better time. Look for us.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:36 PM
Range Rover

You might make it there before us. I don't think we are leavin out till about 5, but i'll be lookin for yall. You gonna have a big enclosed trailor and that green v-force?

Old 02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Range Rover

Yep, thatll be me. Come up and introduce yourself when yall get there. From what I understand we will be in the parking area and it is relatively small, so it should be easy. If you can, and it looks like it will be cold, grab some firewood from your folks house if they have any. I will have a saw, but wont have much room to haul wood.

Be better than sitting around a smoking hibachi.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey yall, I am going to be headed up hopefully friday afternoon, got approximately 3-4 coming also. If anyone has the directions please email me at Seven5959@aol.com Thanks
Shane try calling me again today hopefully I won't be busy like I was yesterday. I got punished for not having enough gas in my unit so I will be on the desk again at the 3rd Precinct. Can You believe that, and they wonder why Officers don't want to do crap. I am just going to bring my Sony PS2 to work and if I'm not busy I'm going to try learning some tricks playing ATV Offroad 2 or whatever its called. Our a little grand theft auto. Probably order out for a pizza. They otta like that seeing me still enjoying myself at work no matter what. OH yeah I have to make sure I have the dirtwheels lates magazine by the back door so I don't forget it on the way out. Shane, I heard you say something about cold weather. How Cold? The Shee is kinda small for me riding it bundled up like an eskimo.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Gene, what's happening. This is Jeff Thibodeaux. I used to live in Bellingrath way back when you lived there. Remember me? I'm going on the trip to Ft. Polk this weekend also. A good friend of mine (Byron) and myself are the ones who got the ride started. It started off with just about 5 or so people and it has just gotten bigger and bigger from there, which is great! Looks like the weather is going to be good for the weekend and I'll see everyone there Friday.

Old 02-03-2004, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

Ok boys and girls, the forecast for the Ft. Polk ride this weekend will be low 60s early friday with a cold front and scattered showers rolling through friday during the day. Cold, upper 30s Friday night, highs in the low 50s Saturday and MID 20s SATURDAY NIGHT. I am pulling both the LP tanks out of the land whale and filling them up so we can have HEAT. Sunday highs back in the mid 50s. BRRRRRRR.

As a reminder, If any of you are planning to "circle the wagons" with us at the campsite, please bring any scrap wood or firewood you can haul. Wont be much fun having to huddle inside the tents and campers. I will bring what I can, but it will be scrap cut up plywood, or green fresh cut trees, and since I am hauling my bikes inside my camper, I wont have much extra room.

Hot Cocoa, anyone?

Shane

Quick Reply: ALL LOUISIANA RIDERS!!