Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Riding MX tracks. Doesn't look good for quads

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding MX tracks. Doesn't look good for quads

I spoke with one of the managers at the Longview track to see if I'd be able to ride my quad on their track this weekend. He told me he would love to let me, but the insurance will no longer allow quads to run on their track unless it is a practice round for a scheduled race. The insurance will only cover quads in the instance of a race event. THis makes it real difficult if someone wants to practice on a track before deciding if racing is for them etc. With this I was wondering if anyone checked with Goldendale to see if this is the case there as well. I know some folks from this forum had planned to go and ride there on the weekend of MArch 20th. I hope that we can still ride there this weekend. I will try and call them today. I'd hate to drive all that way to find out that we can't ride.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Techtip,
Goldendale is not a problem. Quads are allowed at practices (mx playdays) unless otherwise specified.
I plan on being there on the 20th along with a bunch of other people.
I'm not sure what is up with Longview, I heard the owner just got freaked out because of some report that came out about the quad accident rate. I think he is just trying to make sure everything goes smoothly between now and the WORCS series.
I will try to find out more when I get back from Florence.

Edit: I asked about this over at Quadsonly, they may know more about this, or be able to find out some info this weekend. Here's a link to what I posted. Maybe someone over there can shed some light on this.

Old 02-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

raptorchick: That is awesome. I think I spoke with the same guy at Longview. HE told me that when that report came out he was no longer able to insure quads on his track for anyday other than Races and race related practices

Old 02-26-2004, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

Thats the dumbest thing ever I hate insurance...