Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Originally posted by: DSXBEAR
Ah, I almost forgot. Presidents Day Weekend, theres a large gathering of riders, the usuals, at Florence in the state campground. Man, why did I forget. Someone will chime in with it. The mind is going.

Bear
Cool, Does that mean all of us that don't get to go south can start a 4 S T R O K E W A R S north??????? Ya baby [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bear, our clubTemporaryInsandity
is going down to Glamis after Christmas for the New Year. Anyone who wants to join in, post on our site and get ahold of Mike.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bigdaddy660R
Ah, I almost forgot. Presidents Day Weekend, theres a large gathering of riders, the usuals, at Florence in the state campground. Man, why did I forget. Someone will chime in with it. The mind is going.

Bear
Cool, Does that mean all of us that don't get to go south can start a 4 S T R O K E W A R S north??????? Ya baby [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Count me in[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] I should have the new exhaust system installed and the fuel curve mapped by then, I'll be ready for a sand fix big time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
Hey Bear, our clubTemporaryInsandity
is going down to Glamis after Christmas for the New Year. Anyone who wants to join in, post on our site and get ahold of Mike.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Bear unfortunately has to stay close to the den this January, forced to stay in the cold area due to a family emergency. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Mother in law will be recovering from surgery and it looks like Ill have to focus on supporting her recovery. Family comes first.

But I will make plans for next year 4SW6 for sure. Same time, so maybe we can get some more to commit to the trip and have a good crowd from the NW going south for some 80 degree winter sand slingin!

Bear

Old 12-22-2005, 08:47 PM
Range Rover

Just a heads up that a bunch of us will be at Honeymans campground for New years. Look out for the Blue and orange SLD stickers flying

Old 12-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Bear unfortunately has to stay close to the den this January, forced to stay in the cold area due to a family emergency. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Mother in law will be recovering from surgery and it looks like Ill have to focus on supporting her recovery. Family comes first.

But I will make plans for next year 4SW6 for sure. Same time, so maybe we can get some more to commit to the trip and have a good crowd from the NW going south for some 80 degree winter sand slingin!

Bear
Bear........
Sorry to hear about your Mother-in-law, I hope she gets well soon...........

As far as 4SW6 you can count me in for that........I should have my Hillshooter finished by then FOR SURE.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

OK, CALENDERS SET!

Presidents Day Weekend at Florence. Ill be at Driftwood 2. Fri through Monday. Anyone else?

1. I hear that Afterburner is planning his appearance.
2. Bear and ?cubs?
3.? (maybe Kiley123)
4. temporaryinsandity guys?
5. ?????????
6. PSAR???

fill er in. Some are also going to Honeyman

Bear

Bear

Old 12-24-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hope you guys don't mind my jumping into the form here but I'm in the process of moving to Portland. I've been living in Utah for the past 15 years so most of my riding has been in Utah and Idaho. Wondering if you could recommend some good places to ride. I'll be living in NW Portland area, I believe it's called Bethanie, how fare is it to the cost or the closes dunes on the cost?

Thanks Much,

Old 12-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Range Rover

well if you are going to be living in Bethany which is on the edge of Portland and Beaverton it would take about 90 minutes to get to the closes dune. it is a small place called Sandlake. Here is a link to a page all about it

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_sand_lake.htm

Sandlake is very small with only a couple of big dunes. thefun thing about Sandlake is the treeshots. Treeshots are Small trails leading uphill where you have to navigate around trees and shrubbery. I usually only go to Sandlake for day trips.

Now if you want to go have some serious sand une fun you have about a 3 - 4 hour drive to the oregon Dunes

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/siuslaw/recr...ra/index.shtml

Here you will find three seperate riding areas. On the north end you have Florence. Great variety of Dunes. Trails open flats and some decent hills.

30 miles south you will find Winchester Bay. Some call it Windy bay and the state calls Umpqua dunes recreartional area. here you will find the tallest and largest hills on the oregon coast. Some say bigger hills than Glamis but small compared to St Anthony's.

Drive 15 miles farther south and you start in on the Coos Bay section of the dunes.These are my personal favorite. you have a wide variety of trails and hills and a great beach run if you want to go down to the beach.

A great site to get involved with is a web based forum called Sandlakeduners.com. Great bunch of people that thier main goal in life is to ride.

Another good websie for riding areas in oregon is http://www.oohva.org/

Look forward to tearing up some dunes with ya

Old 12-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Pro Rider

I agree. Down south is much better for serious duning.

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.