Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 11:19 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.

Hey Bear, TI is talking about the trip to florence over presidents weekend as long as the weather is ok, If not we were talking about a ski trip.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: DSXBEAR
OK, CALENDERS SET!

Presidents Day Weekend at Florence. Ill be at Driftwood 2. Fri through Monday. Anyone else?

1. I hear that Afterburner is planning his appearance.
2. Bear and ?cubs?
3.? (maybe Kiley123)
4. temporaryinsandity guys?
5. ?????????
6. PSAR???
7. Bigdaddy & Thumpie (if weather holds & life stays NORMAL)
fill er in. Some are also going to Honeyman

Bear

Bear

Old 12-26-2005, 04:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dhigley023
Hope you guys don't mind my jumping into the form here but I'm in the process of moving to Portland. I've been living in Utah for the past 15 years so most of my riding has been in Utah and Idaho. Wondering if you could recommend some good places to ride. I'll be living in NW Portland area, I believe it's called Bethanie, how fare is it to the cost or the closes dunes on the cost?

Thanks Much,
Come spring, join with us. Ill be making alot more trips to Florence. Im also planning a day trip around the first part of January to Sand Lake to shake the cobwebs off the ol beast. Gotta get Jr. used to his preddy too! Youre welcome to join any of us on the forum.

Heck, we even took in Kiley123 and didnt hold it against him too bad that he came from Cali. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Look forward to meeting ya!

Bear

Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RTOYZ
Hey Bear, TI is talking about the trip to florence over presidents weekend as long as the weather is ok, If not we were talking about a ski trip.
ok PAT. The word is that Honeyman is booked and Driftwood is booking. Thats where Im at. Some others starting to filter into Driftwood with us. Hope you make it.

Bear

Old 12-26-2005, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Much! I look forward to the move and the new riding. One more question is there a specific dealer you recommend using in NW Portland area?

Old 12-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

well since you ride kawi's and I have no dealings with kawi's I m not sure. I know Action Motorsports which has two dealerships in the Portland area deal with kawi's and I have heard they do good work. Thier is a Kawasaki shop in Hillsboro, which will be about 15 minutes from where you will be living, But I know nothing about them.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:03 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: dhigley023
Hope you guys don't mind my jumping into the form here but I'm in the process of moving to Portland. I've been living in Utah for the past 15 years so most of my riding has been in Utah and Idaho. Wondering if you could recommend some good places to ride. I'll be living in NW Portland area, I believe it's called Bethanie, how fare is it to the cost or the closes dunes on the cost?

Thanks Much,
I just moved to Portland from SLC last spring myself. I haven't made it out too many trips unfortunately, but here's what i've learned so far...
1) Sand Lake = Knolls. It's fun but it gets boring fast...
2) The rain isn't really that bad, becuse it usually isn't that cold.
3) I've NOT found Dunes the size of those in Little Sahara.
4) "Tree shooting" doesn't involve firearms. It reminds me of snowmobiling. A lot of digging out and turning around.
5) There are trees in the dunes here! You won't BELIEVE how much that changes the riding. It's almost its' own learning curve. I was BEAT after my first real riding days. 2fun was laughing at me the whole time...

Old 12-27-2005, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

Hey Bear, If there is no snow around we will be there over mlk jr. We have a private campground on the north end of Florence.

Old 12-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Trailblazer

Bear,
I should be able to go for MLK weekend since I had already planned the Glamis trip. I want to meet some more people this time.

Hope everyone is having some good holidays.

Paul

Old 01-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!

I am thinking that a trip on MLK Jr weekend would be perfect. If we motel it. LOL. Florence or Winchester Bay. What do you think?

Man, its great to have weekends off! (Effective January 1st).

Bear.

Quick Reply: Porland,Or. Metro...Quad Riders Meet here.