Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Sand Lake Vs. Moses Lake or Beverly

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 01:09 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Lake Vs. Moses Lake or Beverly

We want to go riding this coming weekend, and are thinking of going to Sand Lake. None of us have ever been there. We tried to make reservations, but all the spots are booked. Do the "first come, first serve" spots fill up pretty fast there? We would hate to drive 4 hours and not get a spot.

How does Sand Lake compare to Moses Lake or Beverly? We went to Moses lake last year, but the restrooms were discusting and I would prefer not go to back there just for that reason.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

ask the same question in the Puget Sound thread for best response. (in the 'where to ride' section)

i have been to moses and beverly both one time,,,and no plans to return to either.

I hear Sand lake is pretty good (and better than the previous mentioned),,,and some say that the extra drive to Florence OR is worth it as well.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:43 AM
Super Quad Patrol

here

Old 06-20-2005, 01:45 AM
Weekend Warrior

We usually go to Florence on 3 day weekends, it is just not worth the 8 hour drive each way to only be able to stay for 1 day. Thanks!
Where do you usually ride around here?

Old 06-20-2005, 02:01 AM
Super Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: MelissaAnn
We usually go to Florence on 3 day weekends, it is just not worth the 8 hour drive each way to only be able to stay for 1 day. Thanks!
Where do you usually ride around here?
Reiter pit, Capitol forest, Easton, Tahuya, Walker Valley....

i like trails mostly,,,dunes occasionally

i have never been to sand lake but i hear that it is better than moses/beverly,,,and not as good as florence

i agree about the 3 day trips to Florence,,,,just not worth it (you gotta work on that 8 hour florence thing,,,,you must be leaving at rush hour)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2005, 02:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yep, usually leave right after work and hit Seattle and Portland traffic, plus the other people we go with have kids, so they have to take a few stops.
Have you ever been to P-5000? That is where we usually ride around here because it is not too busy. You have to ride on the gravel road for awhile to get to anything, but the gravel pits and hill climb are pretty cool.
I am kind of a beginner and have a blaster, and there is plenty for me to do there, and the guys that I go with have fun too going on some of the tougher trails. It gets pretty muddy in some spots during the winter, and if you ride high enough sometimes you can hit snow, which is my favorite time to go riding.

Old 06-20-2005, 02:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Where are you from?

Old 06-20-2005, 02:16 AM
Super Quad Patrol

been to p-5000 once a while back,,,it was fun but a little limited,,,,,just a long road imo,,,,,,nice view of the reservoir though

i live in Shoreline

there are a lot of people from marysville on here

Old 06-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I liked riding Moses Lake. It's bigger than Beverly, but not as big as the Oregon venues of Sand Lake and Florence. I would guess it all depends on how much time you want to spend on the road. From your neck of the woods you would likely get more riding time and value from Moses Lake. You don't have to pay to camp and can camp right next to the dunes and right next to the lake. It's dry camping with not water, electricity, etc. If you do two days of riding there, there is plenty of area to fill your time.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with RidinLCWA

its as much a matter of time on the road, as the sand. Oregon is great!!

Come and check in with this local thread as Bing suggested Puget Sound/Seattle NW area riders meet here! , there are a bunch of crazy, I mean nice people on that thread that will invite you to go riding at any time.

we do have a planned ride this weekend at Easton, just over the pass on I-90