Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Thinkin' 'bout a new Toy for the toybox...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Dirtmomma

Good Morning PSAR [img][/img]

Got our sliding door porch on [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] looks good for a temp. one now today & this week we are working on the back one after my Dad gets off work. Used the Kawi Mule w/ blocks in the bed to pack the driveway haha worked AWESOME, we found a 71' Camaro up top too [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] Ron took the tractor & got rid of all the sticker bushes up top looks WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY better, now we just have to spray & hopefully keep them away!! I opened the passenger door of the camaro & HOLY CHIT batman a rat the size of a small cat went running over the back of the drivers seat & disappered somewhere[img][/img] so we searched for that but never found it, looks like the interior will be torn out & a roll cage put in it [img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] hmmmm wonder what IT'S gonna be used for [img][/img][img][/img]

</end quote></div>

We found a mouse in the new house last week. Bought a bunch of traps, set them under the house and in the house where we found it. Caught one...

Must have gotten in during the move. Haven't seen any signs of any other ones either so we feel pretty lucky.

I don't know what I'd do if I found a rat though... probably sit up at night in the living room with a shot gun...

Old 03-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2mnyToyz

Thinkin' 'bout a new Toy for the toybox...</end quote></div>

I would really urge you to try that machine out prior to buying it. Those little tires don't give much of a footprint and get stuck really easy. Also they are so small you get very little in weight for traction when you fill them with powder. My opinion you would be way better off with something with bigger rubber and a regular tractor tread if you plan on doing much in the way of dirt moving. Also, be sure to take a close look at the way the front axle and spindles are built, with a front end loader this is a point of frequent problems. Also, most of those little garden tractors have questionable hydraulics.

Mike

Old 03-10-2008, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well i down 2 to go, sold the 125 today YEAH! im not sad to see it go, but the little 80 is an awsome bike, but they will be replaced with 4 strokes.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
see how you are!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: tencubed

I would really urge you to try that machine out prior to buying it. Those little tires don't give much of a footprint and get stuck really easy. Also they are so small you get very little in weight for traction when you fill them with powder. My opinion you would be way better off with something with bigger rubber and a regular tractor tread if you plan on doing much in the way of dirt moving. Also, be sure to take a close look at the way the front axle and spindles are built, with a front end loader this is a point of frequent problems. Also, most of those little garden tractors have questionable hydraulics.

Mike</end quote></div>

Thanks for the input Mike. We did some research on the tractors and have been trying to keep in mind what we are really wanting to do with it and what we'll do with it when we're done with the heavy things. This seems to be the right size for what we're looking for in the long term. The Kubota we used was the next size up from this and really worked well, but is too large for what we need when we're done clearing and such. The dealer let me take the tractor out back and play with it, dig holes and move dirt. It seemed to do the job well for what we're looking for. I do see your point on the surface area for the tires, but the next size up tractors are really too big for us the long term.

We did find smaller tractors than this one out there, they looked like more trouble than they're worth.

The reviews seem to be pretty good too, of the people that have bought them, they're pretty happy.

If there's a need for a larger machine, I'll rent one for the larger job.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:21 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Alright! Trail maintenance!

Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: warriorqueen
I actually read about this on a different site where the lady post at alot. I have never meet her personally but everyone says that she has a heart of gold. From what I have read, she is in good spirits in the hospital (for now). </end quote></div>
Her name is Dawn. She is great, very nice, a real sweetheart, great attitude, etc. etc.. We really like her, especially Ashley.
She loves to race with all the women. She has gotten to be real good rider.
Her injuries are pretty severe, but she should recover in time. She has to overcome a couple issues before they can continue with another surgery.

When she crashed, the faceguard on the helmet broke, pushing it into her face.
I believe this is what caused most of the injuries.
It was a good helmet, an Arai. The thing about those though is that the faceguard sits really close to your face, compared to most others.

She's got a long road, but as usual, the ATV community is lending a huge amount of support to her and the family. This is the greatest sport with the greatest people. Period................

Old 03-11-2008, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

Good morning PSAR. It was an easier get-up today (thank goodness) than it was yesterday. "Spring forward" is no fun.

Have a good day all!

Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Good Morning PSAR

Old 03-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts