Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread

happy b-day brenda

Old 06-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

Good morning PSAR!

I'm working on my resume today but found it difficult with out any word processing software! I thought Vista Home Premium would have come with Word, I guess not. Does anyone know if I can by Word with out having to buy the whole office suite?

Old 06-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: S250

Good morning PSAR!

I'm working on my resume today but found it difficult with out any word processing software! I thought Vista Home Premium would have come with Word, I guess not. Does anyone know if I can by Word with out having to buy the whole office suite?</end quote></div>

Nope you can't (legally). Monster.com does have a resume writing utility on it that i used (and got hired screwing up my plans to take a year off).

Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

Good morning PSAR!

I'm working on my resume today but found it difficult with out any word processing software! I thought Vista Home Premium would have come with Word, I guess not. Does anyone know if I can by Word with out having to buy the whole office suite?</end quote></div>

OpenOffice.org has a full Office suite that is perfectly compatible with all MS Office products and is free. Also, Google has word processing and Excel spreadsheet programs for free online and they are also MS office compatible. Meaning, you can create your resume in those programs and someone with Word will have no problem opening them.

Old 06-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay

Good morning PSAR!

OpenOffice.org has a full Office suite that is perfectly compatible with all MS Office products and is free. Also, Google has word processing and Excel spreadsheet programs for free online and they are also MS office compatible. Meaning, you can create your resume in those programs and someone with Word will have no problem opening them.</end quote></div>

What about being able to read word docs? My sister sent me some sample resumes and I'm unable to open them.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Preach it Brother!!! ;)

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: LdyJay
Good morning PSAR!
OpenOffice.org has a full Office suite that is perfectly compatible with all MS Office products and is free. Also, Google has word processing and Excel spreadsheet programs for free online and they are also MS office compatible. Meaning, you can create your resume in those programs and someone with Word will have no problem opening them.</end quote></div>
What about being able to read word docs? My sister sent me some sample resumes and I'm unable to open them.</end quote></div>
Should work for opening Word docs, too.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

AFternoon PSAR!!!! so today woke up and thought my sunburn would be somewhat gone...nope...some little blisters woohooo so now i have to put some more of that green stuff that helps it hehehe....then off to the mariners game! its 1/2 price tickets for the 300 level if anybody is intrested...cause im sure as heck not staying around the house in this heat!

Old 06-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider

tnemaloney have you decided what staging spot at capitol your staying at? were aiming for 5th or 6th to ride there for the day me and a couple buddies

Old 06-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Happy Birthday Brenda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-30-2008, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Good afternoon PSAR! Saturday, I went to the best house party I've been at in years. Killer food, coupla kegs - kegerator on the back patio, natch!, live band, awesome peeps! One really cool thing going for it, was there was only 2 teens-all the kids were little ones or all grown up, so we had no problemas with the popo.

Sunday, I spent the day on Lake Tanawax to beat the heat - very very very fun! Remembered to apply sunblock frequently so I am a happy puppy today!

Worked for about 4 hours today - there is so much that I have to do this summer-grrr- but if I don't, it don't get done. Oh well, sigh.....

Quick Reply: NEW Puget Sound/Seattle/Northwest area riders MEET HERE!!! thread